set for mrc remap

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
rang mrc tuning today spoke to doug about having the car remapped all set for 6th of september also going to change the diverter valve for me.cant wait for the two hour journey home.next logical mod is to change the tip i suppose ?

.. also before a custom remap it is usual to do the mods you want first so the map can be made to take into account those mods

Yeah no need for custom map unless you mod other stuff first, all logical really. Generic would be more than suitable for a pretty standard car..i think maybe some people say custom map, becuase it sounds like your getting something better, when your not.....and pay more for it too......................Not to knock MRC of course i heard many good things about them? Anyone fancy some Fish & Superchips?? ;)

I live in Scotland.

All food groups are hunted down, battered and deep fried without mercy or hesitation..

Superchips it is for me then.

Strange....Couldnt get my car to run on SuperPizza, SuperMarsbar or SuperIceCream... must be the set menu rather than a la carte...

adding a turbo intake pipe after my remap should not make any difference as it would not affect the way the map would set itself up.im not going to change the intercoolers and i know that an induction kit and miltek exhaust only increase bhp by a very small margin.so the only other mod im gonna do is upgrade the brakes to alcon or brembo.as for mrc they helped tune possibly the fastest 1.8t engine in britain.steve canes nos tt also used by all the s2 owners and rs246 not a bad endorsement a

I had mine done there and now its really quick :)

will be doing a more indepth write up soon, once ive driven it more...

what did you have done custom or generic jon.doug and minhea seem to be highly regarded by some of the other audi forums especialy s2 forum.what is your opinion

I had the milltek cat-back, k&n panel filter and bailey DV already fitted to mine before the custome re-map, and this alone made a slight difference.

when I got to MCR I took Doug out in it with the laptop connected and checked how it was performing, boost, timing, air flow etc.. and he said it was fine. (this took about 20mins) When we got back he fitted a forge silicon turbo intake pipe as he said it is a good mod and we'd decided this prior to the day, and if your going for a remap, it makes sense to do this before

He then removed the ECU and took the case off it, and uploaded a generic file into it which then allows him to adjust the settings (he saved the original map)

We then went out again with Doug in the passenger seat with laptop and we did a few dual carriage way runs in various gears, after about 20mins he said that it was now set as it should be, you could instantly tell it had been done.

Now, this is the bit you wanted to hear

on the way back (around 25miles, I've only probably driven 80 miles since the remap) mainly motorway, the car obviously has alot more power/torque, it spooled up just under 3k, and pulled very strongly right up to 6,300ish. when it does spool up it has a good kick to it, whereas previosuly it was very smooth delivery.

I was worried that it would have a big power spike and be bad to drive, but its very linear once it gets going.

Doug seemed to know is stuff and is very approachable.

I know this isnt the most indepth review, but Ive only done a few mile since last week in it.

cheers

Jon

how much did it all set you back john.and can you tell me how much they charged you for forge intake pipe.next quetion whats it like round town to drive and have you noticed if your getting better mpg .....sorry so many questions.

it cost £650 in all, £500 for the custom remap and £150 fitted for the forge TIP. Its fine to drive round town, I thought that this might be a problem, but its just as easy as a standard car to drive slowly.

I havent driven long enough to work out mpg, plus ive obviously been trying it out, and dont usualy drive the car hard at all.

I was told it wouldnt affect it too much, and it could even be better on fuel if driven lightly