location of engine number...?

P

Pete69zx

Hi there.
For insurance purposes, i need to find my engine number to complete the policys requirements.
Anyone know where it is please?

Cheers, Pete.

Since the previous owner sent off the logbook, i dont know what the cars engine number is & i have untill 20th August (this month!) to tell them via written documentation.

Please guys, im really starting to stress on this one.

If anyone knows please be forthcomming & tell me where to look.

Cheers, Pete.

It's on the sticker on the inside of the service book or on the sticker in the spare wheel well.
Or Audi dealer could tell you over the phone

Or if you stand in front of the car it is stamped on the front top left hand side corner of the engine.

I think you guys are thinking i mean the engine code, mine is AGU.

Nope, i mean the number that will completely individual to the engine sat in my car (helps against theft, etc.).

You're right thats what I was thinking you wanted. The engine number may be on the sticker still or it should be in the owners manual if you have it.
I'll go and have a lookin mine if you want?

I have the book, just cant tell which one is the engine number (if any actually are).

I will scan it later when i have finnished work & see whats what.

Cheers, Pete.

I just had a quick look in the sticker in the front of the service book and the engine number isn't in there, i'll have a look in the car when I go to work and see if I can find it fr you.

I can't see it on the sticker in the boot either. It may require further investigation around the engine itself.
I can have another look on the engine if you want, or you can have a look on yours.