Sat Nav Plus (RNS-D)

JamS3

Reaction score
Iv'e just managed to get a Sat Nav Plus unit part no 8E0 035 192 B (think its RNS-D) from a A4 which I'm about to fit to my S3 replacing the Symphony 2 head unit.

Few questions...

Will I now need a CD changer in order to play music or can a CD go in the slot where the navigation CD goes in the front of the head unit? If so I take it you can't navigate and listen to music at the same time unless you have a CD changer in the boot?

My S3 has BOSE will I need the system recoding for this and how easy is it? My mate has vag com and things like that and I don't really want to loose the BOSE sound.

Lastly if I do need a CD changer will all the wiring already be there in the boot for it seeing as though I had a Symphony 2 with a 6 disc front loader?

It's a A4 unit but apparently ll that needs doing is the facia trimming down on it to fit my dash and other than that it should be plug and play...

Cheers

I can't help, but sounds good! Would be good to see pictures once your finished, since I had the same thoughts about SAT NAV.

See if there is any hope for us 2001 vehicles : )

Good luck

The slot on the nav+ unit is for nav CD only, for music you need a CD changer or phatbox.
Id doubt the changer cable is fitted if you had a front changer, although you could check that easily by looking in the lefthand rear cubbyhole, at the front of the wheel arch for the end of the cable.

Dont know about the BOSE Id assum eit has to be changed over for BOSE setup. My nav+ has never shown any notification of BOSE even though I have BOSE system

Anyone know if fitting a A4 sat nav plus unit into a S3 will be a pain in the backside or will be not so bad??

Excellent larsmate that will be really helpful, I was beginning to panic the A4 unit might not be compatible with my S3!!