Armrest

murph

Reaction score
Hello all,

just got myself my first A3 and I love it, however it doesn't have an armrest. Has anyone fitted one from VAG PARTS website? If so, how easy was it? I'm an novice when it comes to cars and don't want to make a mess of it. Any pics would be great.

Website is great! keep up the good work.

I asked Fontain (Audi Indy near Slough) and they quoted me £500 fitted.... the cover's about £80 form Audi, the rest of the armrest is more expensive and there's some cutting required..

I have seen one or 2 on ebay for about £120 (with fitting instructions)

£500 fitted? you can buy a leather one from vagparts for about 175 quid, and the fitting is less than taxing by the looks of the instructions.

"cutting" is a bit of a stretch of the imagination too, as the hole is pretty much pre-cut, it just needs the smallest of cuts and pushing out. All the holes for fixing pre-exist and are pre-tapped too, so it really is simple.

£500? thats about £325 labour, which would put their labour rates at about £650/hour!!

£500, Brilliant.

Audi make me laugh.

Go to your local SEAT dealer (the armrest is the same as for the Leon), they'll supply and fit the Leather one for £200, bit less for the cloth one.

oooooh might pop into a SEAT dealer then :)

I couldn't see the parts on vagparts....

Fitting is very easy mate. You have to make a small hole for the bolt to go through the tunnel but its very easy. The armrest base is a lot bigger than the hole you need to make so it covers it up nicely.

yup very very easy, have a go, if you need help give us a shout

Shame it wouldn't match my interior, it's described as Navy Blue.. (although it looks grey to me)

16_1.JPG

My interior's blue ancantra (the pimped look)

s3seats23qt.jpg

it sounds like VAGparts can get a good match though

http://www.vagparts.com/pages/Armrest.htm
There are *MANY* different colour and trim options that match up to the cars original trim, so we MUST have a copy of your cars data sticker to be able to order the correct parts!

I tried Seat but the chap in parts department wasn't much help. He said I needed to contact VW