Creaky drivers seat

dgannon69

Reaction score
the car has only covered 35000miles so i didnt think anything would be too worn and i'm not a fatty so... The creaking noise will happen going over any size bump and also when i go round corners

Is it a new seat i need or will something need tightening?

The glove box rattles occassionally too!

Any solutions appreciated

Cheers
Dave

my glove box rattles aswell I think its coming frim the hinge area? just lubricated it and it doesnt do it anymore

Are you definate its the seat mate? Could it be the dreaded ARB bushes? Just a thought...

If it is the seat, get some silicon spray on the offending part and hopefully it will go away.

well its definitly coming from inside the car and it only does it when i move on the seat, for example rocking up and down on it... i will investigate both creaks more tomorrow when get over the hang over thats on its way...

cheeerrs

Dave

I have creaking around my seats, eventually found that it was coming from the seat belt holsters - haven't managed to stop it yet.

Yeah, I had same creaking, and it too was from the seatbelt holsters, I bought some sticky velcro and used the felt side and stuck it onto the bolster, job done it's stopped creaking :)

If it's the lid of the glove box which is rattling when shut you can move the dash side latch in a bit - the latch holes are slotted. You'll need a small torx drive (sorry, not sure exactly which size it was).

Good luck. I'm currently battling a plethora of rattles on the LHS of the dash. I've tightened the bolts under the trim on the LHS up more than once and it doesn't seem to make any difference. If anyone's got any ideas I'm all ears!