AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Talking New ARBs & Bushes

Finally got my delivery of the goodies I ordered last week, just wanted to share some pics with u guys:

project grip:
    19mm rear nuespeed arbs
    22mm front nuespeed arbs
    all round bushes (apart from bottom tie-bars which will be changed, and already got the engine mount on) enjoy...

2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I have these. You'll like them!

Are they powerflex bushes?

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Yup Powerflex all da way , so how much did you pay for fittin the bushes?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Yup Powerflex all da way , so how much did you pay for fittin the bushes?
    Sorry meant the ARBs - got standard bushes on mine which were fitted with all the new suspension so not sure of labour just for ARBs and bushes.

4th Gear

Status
    why did you decide 22mm front? i thought the popular choice was 21mm front?

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    well, wanted a similar setup to the R32 (which I think is either 22 or 23) and after many long discussions on here with others I came to the conclusion that I'll be happy with this setup

Audi S3-BAM

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight
    why did you decide 22mm front? i thought the popular choice was 21mm front?
    If we are talking about the Ess_Three set up, as we so often are, it was 22mm front and 19mm rear.

Regards,

B.

P.S. Defratos let us know how you get on with the powerflex once they are fitted. I've read positives about their effect in terms of tightening up the suspension, and negatives regarding their harshness and / or impact on the longevity of other suspension components. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with them as I had considered changing to polly bushes next time they need changing.

6th Gear

Status
    Just had my front ARB replaced along with all new OEM bushes when I had my coil-over's fitted.

I was advised / learnt from experience that the powerflex bushes are too harsh for road use. They will make the car bounce and the ride will be harsh.
    Pirates black Honda Accord Type-R VTEC

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    my arbs have their own silicone/poly bushes that came with them (red), my bro has the full set of bushes on his Golf mk4, with nearly the same setup as me, and to be honest I prefer how his car feels over pot holes, speed bumps, judders etc.. I find it might more solid with the bushes in as the original bush has hardly anything left in it if you take a look, so it's nearly metal to metal for most of the time

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    more reasons for fitting these bushes (just look at the state of the old ones)

Audi S3-BAM

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    more reasons for fitting these bushes (just look at the state of the old ones)

how does it drive? Happy?

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    haven't installed them yet. probably won't get around to doing it for another 2 weeks (travellin next week) the pics were from a Golf

Audi S3-BAM