EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Another petrol / remap question

Hi,

When I had my car remapped at AMD last year (custom RR job), I'm pretty sure I had 95RON petrol in the car.

But now I use BP Ultimate 97RON all the time as it is noticeably better.

My question is: has my car been mapped for 95RON or doesn't it make any difference to the remapping process? Would the custom map have been the same regardless of fuel in the tank at the time?

By the way, AMD never mentioned fuel type to me before or after the remap.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It should not make any difference to the mapping process but using BP Ultimate or Optimax will make the car feel more responsive as it is better fuel.

When I had my custom map done at AMD they stated I could use any fuel as it didn't matter
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    I had mine done at Jabba and they told me I would get less performance with the 95ron than with the Optimax. The wife drives the car most of the time and has a hard enough time remembering to put any fuel in the car at all. Let alone a specific brand so I went for the 95 remap.

I thought it did make a difference.....

I am going to get it on a rolling road again soon as I had a bigger bore exhaust fitted since the remap so would like to know the figures.

Will maybe put Optimax in and see if there is a great deal of difference.

Rob

5th Gear

Status
    I had mine done at Jabba and they told me I would get less performance with the 95ron than with the Optimax. The wife drives the car most of the time and has a hard enough time remembering to put any fuel in the car at all. Let alone a specific brand so I went for the 95 remap.

I thought it did make a difference.....

I am going to get it on a rolling road again soon as I had a bigger bore exhaust fitted since the remap so would like to know the figures.

Will maybe put Optimax in and see if there is a great deal of difference.

Rob

4th Gear

Status
    I was asked what fuel when I went to MCR for my re-map, but I didnt ask anymore questions

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers guys, but I think the last few replies have missed my point. I know Optimax and Ultimate are better than 95 but my question was is the mapping process different according to what fuel is in the tank at the time of the remap.

JamS3's reply is what I was hoping for!

Thanks all,
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

Status
    It wont matter what fuel you had in at time of remap, the ECU will adapt accordingly.. I believe the maps are based on 97/98 Ron anyhow.
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

Status
    It wont matter what fuel you had in at time of remap, the ECU will adapt accordingly.. I believe the maps are based on 97/98 Ron anyhow.
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

thats me

Status
    its so good u told him twice :P
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    If you have a higher octane fuel in the car when the car is mapped then they can get away with running slightly more boost as the higher octane resists detonation better.
    Well thats what I was told when I was up at Jabba.

5th Gear

Status
    You said it better than I did j4jon. I would rather have a few more 's in my pocket with 95ron than bhp with Optimax.

What bhp did you get from your remap out of interest?

4th Gear

Status
    214BHP on Sainsburys 95, wasn't thinking when I filled up before I went to Jabba, they had a couple of problems getting the map right as it keep retarding the ignition because of the crap fuel, which they reckon behaves more like 93. They said they could either reduce the boost if that is the fuel I normally use or leave it slightly higher and then in future use better fuel, so it only gets run on shell 95 now and feels much better.