AH FabricationsChris Nott
    TDI
    1st Gear

Status

Talking Changing hazard relay switch on Audi A3?

Anyone know how to change it?

Cheers

:-0
    A3 TDI Sport 00
    A4 TDI Sport 04 Alacantra, Fishscale alu trim, GmbH bodykit, 6 speed box.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Yup, just had to take mine out the other day. Had replaced it but turns out that it was a problem with the indicator stalk itself, so the new ones out, and the old ones back in! (If youre after a relay let me know!).
    Anyway, it takes a bit of patience and its a bit fiddly, but give it a shot. Start off by (gently!) prising away the rectangular plastic cover at the corners with a small flat blade screwdriver or similar. This pops off easily , its held on with a few little clips. This should leave you with access to the relay itself (as well as the cupholder and esp switch).
    Thats the easy part, gets a bit fiddly then. Basically what you need to do is to slide 2 as flat as possible objects into both sides of the relay unit as high up as possible. (I tried nail files, but these werent strong enough, ended up using 2 small flat head screwdrivers, which ended up scraping the surrounding area up a bit, but its hidden under the outer cover anyway) The unit is spring loaded, so the idea is to get the blades/screwdrivers into the unit high up, and then to angle them downwards once theyre in about an inch and a half or so, which should release the springs and the unit slides out. Ideally what should be used would be some sort of a clip shaped like a hockey stick, which could go in and then hook in behind the springs to release them, as far as I know this is what garages use, but I had to make do without!
    Hope you get what I mean, like I said its a bit of a pain in the ass, if anyone has a better/simpler method, share the wealth!
    Anyway, hope this helps,
    Marc
    2001 Brilliant Black A3 Turbo, Bose, Audi iPod Kit, TT pedals, S3 Spoiler

TDI
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcA3Turbo
    its a bit of a pain in the ass, if anyone has a better/simpler method, share the wealth!
    Anyway, hope this helps,
    Marc
    Sounds difficult and i'm heavy handed, hope i don't break anything in the process!

Thanks for the reply

:-0
    A3 TDI Sport 00
    A4 TDI Sport 04 Alacantra, Fishscale alu trim, GmbH bodykit, 6 speed box.