I was thinking engines & stuff

mattyboy199

Reaction score
I ve been using a TT Sport the last couple of days which is the lightened & is tuned to 240bhp & wondered if theres any difference from this & the S3 engine in terms of diverters, turbos, N75 (?)valves etc

Anyway just a thought i dont know much, you guys are pros. I can get the engine code if anyone needs it.

Matt

You can pretty much guarantee that it will be identical to the most recent of the 225ps 1.8T's with different software. I'd be surprised if there are any mechanical changes whatsoever!

Rich

oh yeah i doubt there is but the diverter valve seems very quick to me

might be quicker because of the extra boost over powering the Dv and making it open quicker.

easiest way is pop the bonnet and get the part number off the DV, its moulded on around the sdes IIRC.

I would do that but i no longer have the TT. Also the gearbox is short shift (which i noticed now i have mine back) is that worth looking into.

mattyboy199 said:
I would do that but i no longer have the TT. Also the gearbox is short shift (which i noticed now i have mine back) is that worth looking into.

i noticed that too after driving my brothers 225 TT. I was really suprised at how much less travel there was.

anyone know if this can this be retrofitted to an s3?

I believe the TT shifter linkage can be fitted. There was a thread on either vortex or uk-mkivs a while ago. I looked into it when I had my Mk4, but went for the diesel geek shortshift instead.

Mark

madvw said:
i noticed that too after driving my brothers 225 TT. I was really suprised at how much less travel there was.

anyone know if this can this be retrofitted to an s3?

that explains why i thought the neuspeed ss was awful when the TT guys loved it.

I suspected that while the gearbox end was identical, the gear stick linkage end may have been different, and upset the relationship.