Service Indicator

Baza

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to reset the server indicator on an S3...? Ive just had the car serviced but they didn't reset the counter so its now flashing that it requires a service. Ive looked everywhere and tried the 2 dials without much luck...

Thanks

Baz

Did you get it serviced by an Audi Dealer? If so then take it back there and they will sort it for you...

If not then I'm sure I heard of a way on one of the forums so maybe someone can point you in the right direction....

Cheers
Jon

The drivers handbook explains how to do it yourself, cant remember off the top of my head how to do it though, what I do know is that it isn't something you can accidently do, it requires several pushes and pulls of various buttons.

From page 72 of the Owners Manual:

Resetting service indicator
The display is reset by the Audi dealer after the service has been carried out.

If the service is not performed by an Audi dealer, the display must be reset as follows:

1. Switch off ignition
2. Press button (2) and hold while switching on the ignition. The display should now read "SERVICE!".
3. Press and hold button (1) until the word "SERVICE!" is cleared from the display.

Notes
Do not clear the service indicator between services - otherwise the display will be incorrect.
The information in the service indicator remains intact if the battery is disconnected.

BTW, button (1) is the left hand button (clock) and button (2) is the right hand button (trip).

That should sort you out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards
Jon