modified centre cap pictures for replica wheels?

dantheman1986

Reaction score
has anyone got any pics of what there genuine centre caps looked like after they had cut them to make them fit rplics wheels, im a bit scared to cut incase i cut the wrong bits thanks

Here you go, although it's difficult to see. You need to snip the fins on the back so they don't foul the wheel and I also had to shorten the metal ring as it wouldn't close enough to allow the cap to fit flush.
Wheelcap.jpg

They should fit then!
Sorry, it's nothing major, you just snip the tiny grey plastic flanges off that are fouling the replica alloy, top arrow below, and then if the cap keeps wanting to pop back out again you need to shorten the metal retaining ring (bottom arrow) to allow it to close a bit more so that it holds the cap in.
Wheelcapcopy.jpg

i think mine are different caps, they have the part number 4bo 601 165 A, the bit round the edge of the caps foul my wheels can this be trimed?

Post some pics of yours.

Andymac's are exactly as I did mine, get some strong cutters though!!
It's supposed to be plastic, but it don't behave like it!!!

It's more to do with the replica's than the wheel cap I would imagine, but my caps are a different part number: 8D0 601 165K.
I just asked for RS4 wheel caps, but this was about 5 years ago. Don't know how different the TT versions are, if at all.
You've probably got the latest ones as 9 spokes are an option on pretty much any of the older Audi's now. When I bought mine they were only available on RS4/TT's