A friend's A3 1.9Tdi Quattro

benk

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently bought a March 2003 A3 (old shape) - 1.9 TDi quattro.
Last week, it broke down and he managed to limp home in it. The garage didn't/couldn't tell him what was wrong with it until late last week, after they'd had it 5 days. Apparently it broke a piston ring and they need to replace the engine!
Also, the guy who came to collect it DROVE it the 5 miles to the garage!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

He doesn't want the car back even if they replace the engine, as it won't be the same car and probably won't be done as well as when the car was first built. He also has no idea how long it will take for this work to be done.

If anyone has had similar problems, what happened in your case? Did you refuse the rebuild and get a new car? Did you agree a refund with Audi and buy something else? Did you have the rebuild and end up with a great car/ a lemon? etc.
We're not sure what his legal position is on this kind of thing, and what kind of things he should be demanding from the garage or Audi in general. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Thanks.

Doesn't sound good!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If that was me i would not want the car back either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thats the last thing you need when you've just spent all that money on a new car!

Hope it all works out ok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif