Arggghh RADIO showing SAFE mode!!

JB_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
The 15A fuse for my cigar lighter blew on my A3 1.8T this morning whilst I was attempting to pump up my tyres. Any how I decided to swap the 15A fuse for my radio with the cigar lighter fuse (so I could at least pump my tyres up). On replacing the Radio with a new 15A fuse my concert Radio says SAFE and won't do anything. Presumably I've now activated the theft deterant and need to input the security code- One slight problem is the car never came with a radio code (the manual has the bit where it was filled in but for security purposes it was torn out).

Is there anything I can do besides contacting Audi to get the code?

Thanks,

Jon.

i don think so. I think you have to visit the dealer with a v5 or summat.

Yeh, mine went into safe mode a while back too. I'm in Ireland and my car is imported from the UK so I thought it was gonna be a real headache. All I had to do was fax the dealer that supplied the car originally the equivalent of the Irish V5 to prove ownership and 5 minutes later they faxed me back the code, so no worked out pretty easy for me, hope you're as lucky!
Marc

Hmm. My experience with Tonbridge Audi was not so easy. They insisted the car had to be connected to Audi's central computer to download the code. They tried to charge me for this service but I managed to talk them out of it, because the manual had the wrong code printed in it when they sold me the car.

Audi will charge me £25 for a new code!!

I've seen people talking about being able to get codes from the radio serial number though software calculators that work it out?

My radio is a concert with serial number starting at AUZ anyone know who makes this it is Blaupunkt?

Cheers,

have a look in the manual, specifically the radio manual, is there anything on the inside of the cover page ?

Unfortunately not. It was obviously torn off as a security measure! I knew I needed to get it at some point but expected to do this at my leisure rather than have to get it done!

Who makes the concert radio?

not sure, blaupunkt ?
Is it not worth paying Audi for it ? They will give you the code aswell so you can note it down, then the job's done !

It just seems to be a bit of a rip off considering lots of people appear to be getting their codes free of charge of the web?

i know on the vw dubs it comes up safe you turn the radio off, start the car let it tick over for about five min's then turn the radio on and it comes safe the press one of your pre sets and the radio should come on.
try it it wont cost you.