AMD S3/Cupra R Chip

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
Just been browsing the AMD website, and notice that the chip for the Cupra R is £550 + VAT and the chip for the S3 is £750.

Anyone jnow why this is ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I thought the S3 (210 BHP) was the same engine as the Cupra R (210 BHP), or am i just being dumb ?

Nope, cause I'm now selling mine....

But it's quick, easy, cost effective and works very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as I am aware the 210 engine in the Cupra is the same engine that was previously used in the S3. I would contact AmD to double check, maybe it's just a **** up or maybe there's another reason.....Audi drivers are meant to have more money?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

APR also have OBD tuning available, if that's the only reason you are looking at Revo, otherwise there are a hell of a lot of other options available.

Scott,

Try calling round a few companies, hear what they each have to say and base your opinion on that. From the look of dyno plots i have seen, i like the look of APR... Nice smooth torque that doesnt tail off too much! AmD's map is similar in certain aspects, but is not quite as smooth (from the plots i have seen in the past)

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Jonmurgie said:
Nope, cause I'm now selling mine....

But it's quick, easy, cost effective and works very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Forge did try though you told me, and they couldn't do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I asked Scott why the 4wd stuff is a little dearer, two reasons, first they take a litlle longer to set up on the rollers due to the extra two wheels having to be strapped down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Secondly to afford a 4wd rolling road over just a 2wd rolling road we have to recoup the cost to buy and run it, and that shouldn't be passed on to the 2wd customers should it, hence the Cupra R is cheaper.

Not entirely correct there John.... My S3 does not have the normal ECU in... I would have had to go direct to Revo and they could have done it....

But I'm selling the S3 so I didn't bother as I think it's easier to sell standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What about the R32 then??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
I asked Scott why the 4wd stuff is a little dearer, two reasons, first they take a litlle longer to set up on the rollers due to the extra two wheels having to be strapped down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Secondly to afford a 4wd rolling road over just a 2wd rolling road we have to recoup the cost to buy and run it, and that shouldn't be passed on to the 2wd customers should it, hence the Cupra R is cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had completely forgotten the Cupra is FWD....sounds reasonable to me then for the price difference.