Fitting S3 Recaro's into A3

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
I've just bought a full S3 interior to fit into my A3. I know that when swopping them over i'll get the airbag warning problem and read that some sort of resistor will sort it.

All links are on the old forum which no longer works.

CAn anyone confirm what I need to do as well as whether all airbags will still work afterwards.

Cheers

You don't need any resistors. Unplug your battery 15 mins before you remove the old seats, fit the new ones then wire them up and plug the battery back in. Get someone with Vag-com to reset the light then all the airbags will work as normal. Hope this helps.

Worth noting that you will of course get a persistent airbag light if you find that the airbag plugs for the seats are different.

I've got an S3 interior from a different MY in my car and the airbag plugs are different; I've still not got around to sorting out the pinouts and changing the connectors yet, and I'm actually still just driving around with the warning light (it only returns about 5 seconds after ignition-on once you've cleared it if things are still unplugged) - I did try a resistor, but as sods law was against me CPC were out of the exact value that's advised, and I had to use one of slightly different resistance, and it didn't work so I've just pulled them out.

Sooner or later I'll get around to wiring them in, or perhaps just getting the correct resistors and doing without.

Regards,

Rob.

Markb said:
Just out of interest. Where did you pick the interior up from? Ebay or similar?

Got this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....30011842702&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Guy has listed it about 3 times so decided to call him and he said he'd swop the interior for me for £570. (he owns a garage) Was in London for 1 pm and had to be at work for half 4 so just bought the whole thing for £650. Includes all seats and door cards so i'm very happy. (was late for work though!)

They need a clean but no rips on seats and once cleaned they will look as good as new. He said he'll have another insurance write off S3 in very soon.

I'm not too sure if i've got same plugs on my car. I have electric lumbare support so maybe most of cabling is already there.

How easy is it to wire up the seat heaters? Anyone got a wiring diagram for what pin does what on the plugs?

Also, will any vag.com work or do I have to buy the ross tech official one?

Thanks

They were the seats i was goin to pick up on saturday. the bloke sold them behind my back.

silver75 said:
No, no hard feelings, wicked666 got there with the cash first,
Im just fed up of gettin messed about by breakers yards.
The Bloke who sold the seats gave me the big sob story of being messed about when i rang him on wednesday so i said id bring the cash on saturday when i could get a van, only to find out he had sold them when i rang him to set off on my way, and not even a apology?:banghead:

No way!! He's listed them 3 times. Were you the person who phoned him the first time, then said you were watching another item and then phoned him back saying you'd lost the other item? If so he was getting annoyed - i apologise if it was someone else.

The first auction was won by someone who then contacted him saying he's got no money. He's had people ask him how much to ship to France and also silly questions like 'will they fit in a saxo'. hence why he's getting very frustrated and may not ebay anymore!

I hope you find an interior mate.

He told me he had a buyer for £700 quid in France. so i told him id give £650 and save his postage which he agreed with me. Then when i contacted him on tues he said he wanted £700 again because sombody was going to give him that much from ebay. He then rang me back on Wednesday and said it was all mine to collect for £650 because both of the other offers had fell through, so i told him i would be down with the cash on saturday morning, then when i said i was on my way to pick them up he just said "sold them" to which i got quite annoyed!

I understand he got messed about hell of alot for the seats, but when i hired a van to go and pick them up after he had as good as sold them to me?

that's really bad mate. i'll let you know when he gets a new interior in cause I said to contact me cause I may need some more bits (xenon's etc)

Quick question. There are 3 plugs in the new door card - i'm assuming that one is for the red reflector on the side of it which lights up. There's also a white reflector at the bottom of the card-does this light up too?

Also, does anyone know which colour cables going to the window switch are to light it up? Cause this is where I think I can get a power feed from.

Cheers.

Dont know about the cables but the white reflector at the bottom is the puddle light that lights up when you open the door