HAD MY CAR BROKEN IN TO!!!!!

nwhiteley

Reaction score
Last night some bar-steward broke into my garage and in to my car.
The only damage to the car itself, is a smashed window.... not to bad i thought......

After looking around inside the car, i have noticed that everything has been taken from the glove box... my wallet (only a tenner in it), but most importantly, my drivers pack has gone.... hand book, service history, audio book, everything!!!!

So... is there anything the $tealers or Audi UK can do for me, by way of replacing said items, assuming i dont get anything back ?

Unlucky man as long as you didnt have any cards in your wallet.. Id never leave mine in there.

Hi - sorry to hear what has happened. I lost my drivers pack when my car was stolen and it disappeared when I got the car back.

You can get a duplicate service book from Audi (it isn't the same as the original book - it says 'duplicate service history' on it). Providing your car service details have been entered onto Dialogue - the Audi UK system - then they should be able to pull all the details out and recreate the service history. However this isn't always reliable as sometimes they don't enter the info or they get the registration number wrong (this happened in my case). Only when the previous owner dug out some paperwork from the garage did we work out that they had got the reg wrong on dialogue.

Obviously all the other stuff is orderable from the stealers.

Shame mate W++kers
Yeah you can get all the books but service book will have duplicate on it.
Look on e-bay they come up every so often on there, some one got an extra book at PDI or something. But yo will have to pay alot for one.

Hope they don't come back!

silver75 said:
Unlucky man as long as you didnt have any cards in your wallet.. Id never leave mine in there.

nope. i only carry my cards when im out shopping. the tenner in the wallet is just in case i run low on petrol

jcs356 said:
Hi - sorry to hear what has happened. I lost my drivers pack when my car was stolen and it disappeared when I got the car back.

You can get a duplicate service book from Audi (it isn't the same as the original book - it says 'duplicate service history' on it). Providing your car service details have been entered onto Dialogue - the Audi UK system - then they should be able to pull all the details out and recreate the service history. However this isn't always reliable as sometimes they don't enter the info or they get the registration number wrong (this happened in my case). Only when the previous owner dug out some paperwork from the garage did we work out that they had got the reg wrong on dialogue.

Obviously all the other stuff is orderable from the stealers.

Cheers. who do i contact for the service records and hand book?

nwhiteley said:
Cheers. who do i contact for the service records and hand book?

Just go back to the last dealer who serviced it and they should help with ordering the books and getting the service details off Dialogue for you.

jcs356 said:
Just go back to the last dealer who serviced it and they should help with ordering the books and getting the service details off Dialogue for you.

aahh.. I havent got a clue who serviced it last, only that i think they were based in the Midlands. Im in the northwest, so will my local stealers be able to help?

Neil

Yeah, any dealer should be able to help providing, as per my earlier post, the garage typed the registration plate in correctly!

Assholes. i hate it when **** like that happens, especially when you find out its happened. Theres no need.

The replacement book is not going to contain the data sticker. Best bet is to try and get a good copy/photo off the one in the boot, and then print it onto a sticker...

as for the service history, i had to chase all mine up when i got my car. It took a couple of months but worked out ok in the end. They didn't have any history no dialogue, and i didnt have any receipts. I was assured however that it had been, as it had the "next sevice due" sticker in the window, with the dealer that did it. A kind letter to the previous owner gave me the approximate date of the service, and then i sent the book to the dealer for stamping. It took them a while to find the work receipt, as the dealer had been taken over, and all the paperwork was in deep storage, but after a prod, they fished it out, and sent me a copy and updated dialogue and my service book. I was finally happy.

On Friday i recieved my duplicate service history, but theres a couple of stamps missing, so im guessing those services were not done at the stealers.... nevermind

I also won, on ebay, a complete drivers pack for a 225 S3, mines a late 51 plate 210, but atleast i have everything now.

thanks for the help

Tw@ts, can't believe they broke into a garage and then into your car. Must of been desperate :mad:

Aldo said:
Tw@ts, can't believe they broke into a garage and then into your car. Must of been desperate :mad:

I still dont know what they were after, as there is nothing else missing.

Its going to cost me about £100 all in, could of been worse.