EM TuningAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195

    HAD MY CAR BROKEN IN TO!!!!!

    Last night some bar-steward broke into my garage and in to my car.
    The only damage to the car itself, is a smashed window.... not to bad i thought......

    After looking around inside the car, i have noticed that everything has been taken from the glove box... my wallet (only a tenner in it), but most importantly, my drivers pack has gone.... hand book, service history, audio book, everything!!!!

    So... is there anything the $tealers or Audi UK can do for me, by way of replacing said items, assuming i dont get anything back ?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    silver75's Avatar
    Big Ron

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    3,243
    Unlucky man as long as you didnt have any cards in your wallet.. Id never leave mine in there.

  4. #3
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    Hi - sorry to hear what has happened. I lost my drivers pack when my car was stolen and it disappeared when I got the car back.

    You can get a duplicate service book from Audi (it isn't the same as the original book - it says 'duplicate service history' on it). Providing your car service details have been entered onto Dialogue - the Audi UK system - then they should be able to pull all the details out and recreate the service history. However this isn't always reliable as sometimes they don't enter the info or they get the registration number wrong (this happened in my case). Only when the previous owner dug out some paperwork from the garage did we work out that they had got the reg wrong on dialogue.

    Obviously all the other stuff is orderable from the stealers.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  5. #4
    marmite's Avatar
    Counting the Tesco Club points

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Barnet
    Posts
    1,070
    Shame mate W++kers
    Yeah you can get all the books but service book will have duplicate on it.
    Look on e-bay they come up every so often on there, some one got an extra book at PDI or something. But yo will have to pay alot for one.

    Hope they don't come back!
    Audi RS6 Daytona GreyLoving all 455.7BHP of her

  6. #5
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    Unlucky man as long as you didnt have any cards in your wallet.. Id never leave mine in there.

    nope. i only carry my cards when im out shopping. the tenner in the wallet is just in case i run low on petrol

  7. #6
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356
    Hi - sorry to hear what has happened. I lost my drivers pack when my car was stolen and it disappeared when I got the car back.

    You can get a duplicate service book from Audi (it isn't the same as the original book - it says 'duplicate service history' on it). Providing your car service details have been entered onto Dialogue - the Audi UK system - then they should be able to pull all the details out and recreate the service history. However this isn't always reliable as sometimes they don't enter the info or they get the registration number wrong (this happened in my case). Only when the previous owner dug out some paperwork from the garage did we work out that they had got the reg wrong on dialogue.

    Obviously all the other stuff is orderable from the stealers.

    Cheers. who do i contact for the service records and hand book?

  8. #7
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhiteley
    Cheers. who do i contact for the service records and hand book?
    Just go back to the last dealer who serviced it and they should help with ordering the books and getting the service details off Dialogue for you.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  9. #8
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356
    Just go back to the last dealer who serviced it and they should help with ordering the books and getting the service details off Dialogue for you.
    aahh.. I havent got a clue who serviced it last, only that i think they were based in the Midlands. Im in the northwest, so will my local stealers be able to help?

    Neil

  10. #9
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    Yeah, any dealer should be able to help providing, as per my earlier post, the garage typed the registration plate in correctly!
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  11. #10
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356
    Yeah, any dealer should be able to help providing, as per my earlier post, the garage typed the registration plate in correctly!

    Thank you. i will contact my local $tealer on Monday

  12. #11
    easytease's Avatar
    cheesypeas

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    england, surrey
    Posts
    426
    :O not good at all fella they didnt nab the 3ways then luckily?
    1999 1.8 SE A4 100% standard tank, all green.
    Alpine old skool
    Helix RS6 - PHD PRO 4070
    Coral 10" passive setup - PHD 2200

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Assholes. i hate it when **** like that happens, especially when you find out its happened. Theres no need.

    The replacement book is not going to contain the data sticker. Best bet is to try and get a good copy/photo off the one in the boot, and then print it onto a sticker...

    as for the service history, i had to chase all mine up when i got my car. It took a couple of months but worked out ok in the end. They didn't have any history no dialogue, and i didnt have any receipts. I was assured however that it had been, as it had the "next sevice due" sticker in the window, with the dealer that did it. A kind letter to the previous owner gave me the approximate date of the service, and then i sent the book to the dealer for stamping. It took them a while to find the work receipt, as the dealer had been taken over, and all the paperwork was in deep storage, but after a prod, they fished it out, and sent me a copy and updated dialogue and my service book. I was finally happy.


  14. #13
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    On Friday i recieved my duplicate service history, but theres a couple of stamps missing, so im guessing those services were not done at the stealers.... nevermind

    I also won, on ebay, a complete drivers pack for a 225 S3, mines a late 51 plate 210, but atleast i have everything now.

    thanks for the help

  15. #14
    Aldo's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,004
    Tw@ts, can't believe they broke into a garage and then into your car. Must of been desperate

  16. #15
    nwhiteley's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Howfen (its in Bolton)
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo
    Tw@ts, can't believe they broke into a garage and then into your car. Must of been desperate

    I still dont know what they were after, as there is nothing else missing.

    Its going to cost me about 100 all in, could of been worse.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO