Rolling road problems

DaveCav

Reaction score
Anyone not being able too get there s3 rolling roaded??

Took mine on sunday and couldnt get a reading because they said traction control kept kicking in??? ESP was switched off??

Any ideas?

Think ive read on here in the past that some RR places have had trouble with the HALDEX unit, continously moving power to and fro between the front and back axles.

To the extend that some places would unplug the HALDEX units fuse.

im sure others on here will know for sure though.

Mark

heard the same , and have also refused a rolling road on my car when they suggested that as a solution.

strapping down and dyno type seems to be quite fussy with vehicles with haldex.

Exactly as some have said, it's not the ESp kicking in and out it's the Haldex system shifting power, but because of the nature of the rolling road it becomes very jerky.

I have heard the same as Jo and Paul about peole getting knackered Haldex's from pulling the fuse out for a RR run, but having said that Oettinger quite happily did it on Drills when he had his chip installed and RR'd afterwards.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Exactly as some have said, it's not the ESp kicking in and out it's the Haldex system shifting power, but because of the nature of the rolling road it becomes very jerky.

I have heard the same as Jo and Paul about peole getting knackered Haldex's from pulling the fuse out for a RR run, but having said that Oettinger quite happily did it on Drills when he had his chip installed and RR'd afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oettinger did what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

OMG I've heard of several cases of people frying the haldex unit by pulling the fuse.
You should NEVER just pull the hadex fuse, all haldex cars will RR fine if strapped down properly on a 4wd RR

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:

OMG I've heard of several cases of people frying the haldex unit by pulling the fuse.
You should NEVER just pull the hadex fuse, all haldex cars will RR fine if strapped down properly on a 4wd RR

[/ QUOTE ]

That's was my thoughts, but Drills had no problems, and I'm sure it's not the first time Oettinger have done it.....

So what your all saying it just needs tightly strapping down?

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's was my thoughts, but Drills had no problems, and I'm sure it's not the first time Oettinger have done it.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not the first or the last time, but would you want it done to your's???

[ QUOTE ]
DaveCav said:
So what your all saying it just needs tightly strapping down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No just needs a little time getting it on properly, it shouldn't be a problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
Maybe not the first or the last time, but would you want it done to your's???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd need a haldex first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

No, but I was very surprissed that Drill let them doing after hearing about problems on here, I'm not sure I would of, but maybe he trusted them.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif