JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Smile Is it ok to cut this? (pics included)

Hey guys, I'm getting my FMIC finally installed, I've got two air pipes from the airfilter, one going to the front fog light while the other will be going through the hole in the pic below (i.e. behind the passenger side intercooler which will no longer be there), now what I'm wondering is can the circled bit in yellow be cut to give more room for the pipes? or in fact can any bit around the hole be cut? will it affect the chassis? or handling or anything??

Last edited by Defratos; 3rd August 2006 at 16:30.
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry I can't answer this although I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Just interested - what are the performance gains of having this fitted?

Cheers - sorry to deviate.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytrousers
    Just interested - what are the performance gains of having this fitted?
    If you are enquiring about the FMIC, there are no power gains whatsoever, wot it does though, is reduce the effects of heat soak, and gives your car maximum efficiency in hot weather.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    looks like its the plastic arch liner to me, if it is then I can't see why you can't cut it to bits...

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    I don't think it's plastic, the plastic liner is out, this is metal (part of the body, more like the inside wall of the engine bay) not sure what it's called
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

4th Gear

Status
    Inner wing, and I wouldn't cut it but thats just me.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    for what reasons will you not cut it? I'm not talking about making a huge hole, just a lil cut out of the metal, any comments as to what "could" happen

Audi S3-BAM

In a world of my own...

Status
    Cutting it would not affect the rigidity of the chassis in any way, not for the small amount you want to remove. You will however need to make sure you treat it properly after you have cut it because inner wings are constantly covered in water, wheelarch liner or not, and it will need protecting or it will rust...

Just my 10p-worth
    Info Sponge

A4 1.8Turbo Quattro Sport | 18" RS4's | RS4 Front Grille | RS4 Front Bumper | Forge FMDVR | Milltek | AmD Remap | Lots of other naughty bits waiting in a big box...

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    cheers for that Tim

Audi S3-BAM