Coilovers for a A3 1.8T

Woodie

"Crazy Fool"
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im new to Audis after being into the VW scene for years and am looking into buying a A3 1.8T on a R plate. (A3 8L I'm told is this correct??) What would be the best coilovers to use, how much roughly would i need to pay and where could I get them from?? I would be wanting to go very low but would still like a bit of comfort.

Cheers

Woodie

An R-plate A3 qould be an 8L. Good choice, a little different from the polo.

Eibach's should cost you about £500, Bilsteins, probably double.

I'd avoid FK coilovers (or any coilover using the cheaper Koni Dampers). Heard lots of stories about front struts developing excessive play within a few months of fitting - and this was on cars only dropped 20 - 30mm not silly amounts.

Tallpaul said:
I'd avoid FK coilovers (or any coilover using the cheaper Koni Dampers). Heard lots of stories about front struts developing excessive play within a few months of fitting - and this was on cars only dropped 20 - 30mm not silly amounts.

rubbish, had them for 4 years on my corrado. There first class, lifetime warranty too.

leecs3 said:
rubbish, had them for 4 years on my corrado. There first class, lifetime warranty too.

What's rubbish? That *some* of their coilovers have developed excessive play on the front struts? Ah yes, as you have had one set that have been fine for 4 years then they must all be ok!

Whether you believe me or not it is a fact that some of their kits have failed very quickly. They do come with a lifetime warranty but that won't pay for the labour of removing the old set and fitting the new ones, plus the time your car would be off the road.

Whether an individual chooses to listen to reports of problems is up to them; but saying that someones factual experience of a product is 'rubbish' just because it differs from your own is a little naive.

Tallpaul said:
Whether an individual chooses to listen to reports of problems is up to them; but saying that someones factual experience of a product is 'rubbish' just because it differs from your own is a little naive.

my opinion is based on owning them ie factual!! Yours is worthless as it starts with "i've heard"....

leecs3 said:
my opinion is based on owning them ie factual!! Yours is worthless as it starts with "i've heard"....

lol, pick your toys back up child.

I've 'heard' from 3 differant owners of the FK Highsport kits. Unless they've decided to take their front shocks off and send them back to FK for fun, i doubt they're lying.

I'm aware that many people are happy with FK stuff, in fact i had the FK silverlines on my old Leon Cupra, and they were fine. But i wouldn't buy them again after hearing about the problems others have experienced.

Tallpaul said:
lol, pick your toys back up child.

I've 'heard' from 3 differant owners of the FK Highsport kits. Unless they've decided to take their front shocks off and send them back to FK for fun, i doubt they're lying.

I'm aware that many people are happy with FK stuff, in fact i had the FK silverlines on my old Leon Cupra, and they were fine. But i wouldn't buy them again after hearing about the problems others have experienced.

your the one having a tantrum and getting personal. I'm not bothered at all.