Thinking of doing this mod...

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score

s3sline19poliert-022_209.jpg

De -chromed fromt grill, with the chrome outline either in black or body coloured any opinions?

My car is a denim blue A3.. if anyone can do a photoshop...

cheers...

Im gonna have to do that this weekend - looks great!

Do you get a new grille, or does the chrome come off?

I could be tempted to try this - I think it looks great, how hard is it dismatle the front grill to sepertae the silver bit though?

I've got the Sportec one from AmD. To be honest it was a complete rip-off for the trim and the rings, but I like the effect.

Grille2.jpg

I like the surround in black but not feeling the rings, anyone got a pic of a silver S3 with the surround in black?

grill out is a bumper off job if i am not mistaken.

not keen on the rings being black, but the de-cromed grill looks good.

Very colour dependant though, I dont think it would work on my Black S3 for example.

Anyone got a picture of it done on a black S3 or maybe someone with photoshop could edit this pic?...

damian1.jpg

You can't buy just the chrome surround by it self, but a new grille from the stealership is less then £80! I think this mod is getting done this weekend!

If Its just coated abs plastic then the crome finish polishes off with T-cut and a bit of elbow grease to give a loverly saturn finish.

If you don't like it though your then phucked. I think i'll try painting mine and then if it looks poo, ill just polish the paint off.

Audi_S3_C.Jpg

definitely not likeing Black/Black on Black.

Maybe better keeping chrome Audi rings, but im not convinced.

i was thinking of doing something like that with my new front bumper, but insted of putting the grill back in,iwas just going to mesh it, with the same mesh that is going where the fog lights go and the middle section, so does the chrome outer come off or do i have to buy one and spray it or does it come in black

wow that looks good. have to give that a go on my new car :)

So is the general consensus to take the crome trim off and spray it?

Oh and as a side point... is that car on 19's? and i guess its lowered?? looks amazing!!

jediknight said:
wow that looks good. have to give that a go on my new car :)

So is the general consensus to take the crome trim off and spray it?

Oh and as a side point... is that car on 19's? and i guess its lowered?? looks amazing!!

I reckon it's on 18"s and lowered with spacers (10/15mm).

Did you pick up your new toy today? Obviously preffered the noggy blue. Be careful at junctions :whistle2:

looks blooming the davina McCalls!

yeah i collected the new one today. Its Mineral Grey.. not Dolphin.. looks great though and drives really nicely!

Yes i will keeping an extra beedy eye on yank drivers at junctions from now on!

OK I'm gonna do this. i wanna keep the rings though, should I do black surround or body coloured (denim blue) like the TT

Ok can anyone photoshop a black surround and a body coloured one on this pic (not my car)

DPM said:
The black surround but keeping the chrome rings on a black S3, personally i think it'll look spot on! There's only one way to find out though! :yes:

asc0206.jpg

30_g.jpg

asc0332.jpg

deffinatly a rings on job for black cars

Can you buy a grill with the RS4 style mesh in it? Or has anyone done it themsleves? That with a black surround would look nice.

Is this a real one because it has stright slats behind the Audi badge?

RS4-Grill-06.jpg

Like this bumper too:

ges1.jpg

Are the rings part of the grille, or do they come seperately?

K managed to bashout my own photoshop efforts black...
front2.jpg

or body coloured?
bodycoloured.jpg

Are facelift S3 grills different to facelift A3 ones?

i dont think it looks very good without the rings. black surround with the rings looks perfect i reckon.. (on a grey car that is)

just got to see if i can buy a spare from a stealer now before trying on my own

very nice... you pleased with it?

so i take it that the surround comes off easily?

did you prep it before spraying?
what paint did you use?
is it lacqured?

cheers

How much and do you do them for the A3?
EDIT ok I see its £99