EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Remap Do I or Don't I???????

Status

Which remap to get for S3???

I bought a 2001 210bhp S3 2 weeks ago, I am going to get the engine remapped, I am looking for an increase in torque so better 0-60 time! Which is the best one to go for ive read the forums but the opinions seem to vary lots.

I like the idea of revo's so you can put it back to standard whenever.

let me know your thoughts

thanks mike

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Amd Technik can also do this option, its called one click!!

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

6th Gear

Status
    it's not always the best that the most suitable though. It depends on your local tuner, what they offer and how reasonable they are too.

Travelling 200+ miles for a remap, only to have to return for a warranty claim or a map change would be a kick in the nuts.

6th Gear

Status
    From the posts i ve read over the past 9 months of owning my car (S3) i would say that Jabba seem to be the best all round, theres mixed opinions about AMD. I understand the Jabba can do customs maps to suit the owner preferences which is pretty cool i think.

Matt
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Status
    I live in Ellesmere Port Near Chester can anyone recommend any decent places in this area?

3rd Gear

Status
    MRC also seem to be getting rave reviews for their custom mapping over on other forums. I am seriously tempted to give them a whirl with my S3.

B.

sixth gear

Status
    im looking to remap at the end of august been hearing good reports about mrc sent them an e-mail for more info about a week ago but as of yet they havent replied.not enough info on their web site. i know a lot of the s2 and rs4 drivers recommend them though

1st Gear

Status
    talking of remaps mine presently has a revo remap. advert says S3 210/225 265/275, bull my car was dynoed at qst,power readings of 252 could have got same results of a super chip,thinking of another map tempted by MRC but i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mintie
    talking of remaps mine presently has a revo remap. advert says S3 210/225 265/275, bull my car was dynoed at qst,power readings of 252 could have got same results of a super chip,thinking of another map tempted by MRC but i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up
    I doubt any stage 1 remap truly achieves over 270BHP. OK, they'll give you a dyno readout to "prove it" but I challenge their accuracy. I believe 260BHP is the absolute most anyone can get out of a stage 1. It's interesting that QST say their MTM remap will achieve 254BHP tops - I think they're being honest and have a very accurate dyno.

My AMD dyno said 261BHP, but I reckon QST's dyno would say it is more like 250BHP.

Quote Originally Posted by mintie
    i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up
    300BHP from a standard S3 with no other mods? NOT POSSIBLE!
    Last edited by monkeytrousers; 2nd August 2006 at 08:05.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mad max
    im looking to remap at the end of august been hearing good reports about mrc sent them an e-mail for more info about a week ago but as of yet they havent replied.not enough info on their web site. i know a lot of the s2 and rs4 drivers recommend them though
    Same here - no response to e-mail enquiry.

3rd Gear

Status
    Jabba and AMD all start with the base 225 map and 'basically' raise boost and ignition as much as possible without running too lean or experiencing timing pull. It's not rocket science.

*edit* I stand corrected, apparently they use a base 'Dimsport' map and tweak the settings from there.

A remap on rolling road would be preferable as its slightly customised to your car and you get the advantage of Dyno plots....

I would recommend an APR map from Awesome GTi (J21 M6) as they are quite close and the APR stuff as had a lot of R&D put into it. Any problems are quickly sorted out directly from the USA.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd August 2006 at 12:29.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

Gonad

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3MHT
    I live in Ellesmere Port Near Chester can anyone recommend any decent places in this area?

I got mine done by ABP Motorsport in Crewe they don't have a rolling road though.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytrousers
    300BHP from a standard S3 with no other mods? NOT POSSIBLE!
    Yup, no way a K04 can flow enough air to produce a genuine 300bhp.

Taking it easy..

Status
    What is the 0-60 time for your 2001, 210bhp?

I have the same version, I have been unable to find it out?

I have looked at what AMD could do, they said Stage 2 remap and exhaust system getting you an extra 45bhp and 45lbs/ft. Costing a grand inclusive of VAT.
    J

Status
    Im not sure audi say it's 6.8 seconds but I havent found a way of testing it yet! I have had the free 5 hour trial from revo, gonna start a new thread about that.