Which remap to get for S3???

S3MHT

Remap Do I or Don't I???????
Reaction score
I bought a 2001 210bhp S3 2 weeks ago, I am going to get the engine remapped, I am looking for an increase in torque so better 0-60 time! Which is the best one to go for ive read the forums but the opinions seem to vary lots.

I like the idea of revo's so you can put it back to standard whenever.

let me know your thoughts

thanks mike

it's not always the best that the most suitable though. It depends on your local tuner, what they offer and how reasonable they are too.

Travelling 200+ miles for a remap, only to have to return for a warranty claim or a map change would be a kick in the nuts.

From the posts i ve read over the past 9 months of owning my car (S3) i would say that Jabba seem to be the best all round, theres mixed opinions about AMD. I understand the Jabba can do customs maps to suit the owner preferences which is pretty cool i think.

Matt

I live in Ellesmere Port Near Chester can anyone recommend any decent places in this area?

MRC also seem to be getting rave reviews for their custom mapping over on other forums. I am seriously tempted to give them a whirl with my S3.

B.

im looking to remap at the end of august been hearing good reports about mrc sent them an e-mail for more info about a week ago but as of yet they havent replied.not enough info on their web site. i know a lot of the s2 and rs4 drivers recommend them though

talking of remaps mine presently has a revo remap. advert says S3 210/225 265/275, bull my car was dynoed at qst,power readings of 252 could have got same results of a super chip,thinking of another map tempted by MRC but i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up

mintie said:
talking of remaps mine presently has a revo remap. advert says S3 210/225 265/275, bull my car was dynoed at qst,power readings of 252 could have got same results of a super chip,thinking of another map tempted by MRC but i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up

I doubt any stage 1 remap truly achieves over 270BHP. OK, they'll give you a dyno readout to "prove it" but I challenge their accuracy. I believe 260BHP is the absolute most anyone can get out of a stage 1. It's interesting that QST say their MTM remap will achieve 254BHP tops - I think they're being honest and have a very accurate dyno.

My AMD dyno said 261BHP, but I reckon QST's dyno would say it is more like 250BHP.

mintie said:
i have also been offered a GIAC by a local tuner for 400, he reckons he can get me close to 300 of astndard S3 set up

300BHP from a standard S3 with no other mods? NOT POSSIBLE!

mad max said:
im looking to remap at the end of august been hearing good reports about mrc sent them an e-mail for more info about a week ago but as of yet they havent replied.not enough info on their web site. i know a lot of the s2 and rs4 drivers recommend them though

Same here - no response to e-mail enquiry.

Jabba and AMD all start with the base 225 map and 'basically' raise boost and ignition as much as possible without running too lean or experiencing timing pull. It's not rocket science.

*edit* I stand corrected, apparently they use a base 'Dimsport' map and tweak the settings from there.

A remap on rolling road would be preferable as its slightly customised to your car and you get the advantage of Dyno plots....

I would recommend an APR map from Awesome GTi (J21 M6) as they are quite close and the APR stuff as had a lot of R&D put into it. Any problems are quickly sorted out directly from the USA.

S3MHT said:
I live in Ellesmere Port Near Chester can anyone recommend any decent places in this area?

I got mine done by ABP Motorsport in Crewe they don't have a rolling road though.

monkeytrousers said:
300BHP from a standard S3 with no other mods? NOT POSSIBLE!

Yup, no way a K04 can flow enough air to produce a genuine 300bhp.

What is the 0-60 time for your 2001, 210bhp?

I have the same version, I have been unable to find it out?

I have looked at what AMD could do, they said Stage 2 remap and exhaust system getting you an extra 45bhp and 45lbs/ft. Costing a grand inclusive of VAT.

Im not sure audi say it's 6.8 seconds but I havent found a way of testing it yet! I have had the free 5 hour trial from revo, gonna start a new thread about that.