A3 RS4 Alloys.....

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi there been offered a set of these at £450 for the set with fairly new rubber just wondered what you thought of that?

Also where is the cheapest place to get hold of a brand new replica set with tyres?

Thanks

Jason

Jason,

I take it they are OEM? - £450 sounds fair depending on how good the tyres are and the condition of the alloys, might be worth bearing in mind that a refurb is likely to cost you around £40 - £50 per wheel if there battered!

for replica's - Rochford Tyres seem to offer quite competitive prices and i believe you can even get a bit of a discount if you mention this lovely place

Hope it's of use

Mike

hmmm looking on rochford tyres you can get a brand new set of rs4 reps with tyres incl vat for £445...

Bargain!

Jason

Jason,

I think the OEM ones do look a little better that the copies and are a little lighter if thats any use, i think a few members have the rochford ones fitted and are happy with them, thay may be able to post some pics so you can see them "in the metal".

good luck with your search and you'll have to post some pics up once your new shoes are fitted

Mike

yes i most certianly will i couldnt really decide what to spend the money on as im only 17 i dont have masses amount of cash.

So was thinking alloys would most benenfit the car right now i cant decide what type of metal to go for tho?

They do chrome black polished what do you think?

Also the 18" RS4 do archesneed rolling? and will it look silly sitting high ie it need lowering?

Jason

only 17 and with an A3 - lucky git, i had to drive a 1.0 pink polo back in the day (not something i would like to do again!!!)

I'm not sure about black alloys, sometimes they can work really well but it only seems to work on certain cars / colours IMO.

You could ask someone to photoshop a load of different wheels onto your car and see what you think, it's not 100% perfect but it does give you a good idea.

Cheers mate started off with a punto too slow had a 318 I N reg piece of **** was about to go big time so thought i may as well get something decent!

My insurance though thats another matter! Hehe.

Im off to MIJ this weekend i think 130 mile drive up there im only after the sound so will probs just get the backbox and tailpipe.

With regards the alloys im thinking Polished?

Jason

punto - too slow - pmsl - you really don't want to try a 1.0 litre polo then mate, feels like your going backwards.

Just had a thought about the alloys, if you search through the threads, there was a favorite picture post a little while back -loads of pics of different alloys - might give you an idea of what the finished product would be like

Hehe im used to being on a racetrack so i can drive, loving my 1.8 T at the moment. Takes bends alot better than my last 2 cars!

After looking again definitly going for the polished ones will post pics of my backbox and alloys when done ]

Jason

Would it be possible please for some-body to post a pic up of a silver A3 with black RS4's and the same but with the silver polished ones.

If some-one could photoshop me those pics with the 2 different alloys that'd be greatly appreiciated :d

Jason

Jason, when you purchase a set of replicas, make sure you get a set of RSTT's and not RS4's! The RSTT's are replica items of the TT 18" rimes, which have a groove that goes all the way round the spoke, giving the actual rim a deeper dish and looks slightly bigger. RS4's have the groove that goes along the outer edges of the spokes and fades down half way down, and they don't seem to look right on S3's?!

think of changing my 17,s on my S3,I do like the look of the RS6 replicas,but i was also thinking of just getting my originals stove enamaled to a high black gloss,has any one done this, or do i have to buy a set already done black,whats the best option????

Jason_letts said:
You got a link to the RSTT'S mate i was on rochford tyres

Cheers

Jas, if you look on the Rochford site, the pics will be of the RSTT's when you look up RS4's, but they have been known to send you RS4 replicas, so ASK for RSTT reps when you are ordering. :beerchug:

mintie said:
think of changing my 17,s on my S3,I do like the look of the RS6 replicas,but i was also thinking of just getting my originals stove enamaled to a high black gloss,has any one done this, or do i have to buy a set already done black,whats the best option????

Love black wheels me, specially on yellow cars

15dd1.jpg

Rochford Tyres!! RSTT's too. £560 for rims and Toyo tyres. Bargain I thought! Sold my old RS4's with not much left on the treads for £260! So I got new tyres and rims for less than a set of new tyres!! (Toyo's anyway)

Here are my 18" OEM RSTT Refurbed

My18inchRSTTs001copy.jpg

My18inchRSTTs003copy.jpg

My18inchRSTTs004copy.jpg

i had a set of rstt`s reps and tbh the quality was good to start with but they were a ****** to clean, stained v easy and looked to be corroding slightly from the rear when i took them off 6 months after purchase.

Initially I was very pleased with the reps but think they would have needed a refurb after 2 years tbh.

suppose you get what you pay for ????