How do i get the battery off!!S3

Ryanc

Reaction score
Needed to get the battery off in a hurry this morning and i just couldn't find what was holding it in took all the obvious stuff off,i'm guessing it's under the airbox and that fuse box on top is a total pain in the ***!!Help!

Mmmmm, I did this just last week. Remove the trim panel over the battery on the right hand side on the engine bay. They look for a 13mm bolt between the battery and the headlamp, remove this and the clamp it holds down. The fuse box is clipped on, you can pop the clips and move this to the left to give you access to both battery terminals. Once undone a little shuffling is required to free the battery, then it just lifts out along with the padded jacket thingy.

Hope this helps.

Regards, John.

Oh and another thing. Once you put it back in, the one shot windows will stop working, you can fix this by pressing the window switches down and then up in quick sucession. You need to recode your radio and the key needs to be in the ignition for 5 minutes. All this stuff is in the handbook if you have one...

I had issues with my boot release not working, but that managed to fix its self.

Regards, John.

Just one clamp holding in the front of the battery... and unclip the fuse box.

JohnS3 said:
Oh and another thing. Once you put it back in, the one shot windows will stop working, you can fix this by pressing the window switches down and then up in quick sucession. You need to recode your radio and the key needs to be in the ignition for 5 minutes. All this stuff is in the handbook if you have one...

I had issues with my boot release not working, but that managed to fix its self.

Regards, John.
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the prescribed method to restore one-touch close functionality to the windows is to close them all the way to the top by holding the button, releasing it, then pulling the button (to close) again; you'll hear a click come from the door as it resets...

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the prescribed method to restore one-touch close functionality to the windows is to close them all the way to the top by holding the button, releasing it, then pulling the button (to close) again; you'll hear a click come from the door as it resets...

Regards,

Rob.

yep, thats the correct way.