sunroof
    cruise
    parking sensors
    revo's
    18" OEM RSTT's
    Bose

Collecting it on wednesday :D

Anyone want to by a 406 HDI? :D
    Last edited by jediknight; 31st July 2006 at 17:27.

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    great, love the colour
    Audi S3 Sportec

6th Gear

Status
    hahah good lad... straight back into an S3...

nice colour, but preferred your noggy. Nice spec too...

thats me

Status
    Hacked By ALEVIRUS>C>S!

Seja Livre! Use Linux!

oh dear your site is not well !!!!!!
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    yeah some bugger got to it while i was away. its sorted now thanks

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

Big Ron

Status
    Love he colour looks classy

Neutral

Status
    Hi Jedi,

Check your PM, some things that you maybe interested to know about this car

4th Gear

Status
    vishal... i know about the door... you have PM though

Neutral

Status
    hi Jedi,

You have mail!

Going places - just not sure where!

Status
    Think the reg plate says it all, YUM! Thats a lovely looking car. Only had my A3 for 2 months now and already want an S3!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks like a nice tidy motor dude, gotta love the S3:thumbs-up: Agree with yah Ben tho, love my A3 but already I'm drooling over S3's!
    1998 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Kingfisher Blue

4th Gear

Status
    Hmm... just found out that this is a perfectly legit import. Something i didnt know until now.

No money has changed hands yet..

what are your views guys?!?!?!?

Neutral

Status
    Take a look at this, as a comparison if nothing else, UK car, super low mileage, totally legit (ive spoken with him, and had it verified) said he will accept anything over 12k for it, take a looksy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-Quattr...QQcmdZViewItem

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight
    Hmm... just found out that this is a perfectly legit import. Something i didnt know until now.

No money has changed hands yet..

what are your views guys?!?!?!?
    Nothing wrong with the imports, the only difference was the warranty length.

Quote Originally Posted by vishal
    Take a look at this, as a comparison if nothing else, UK car, super low mileage, totally legit (ive spoken with him, and had it verified) said he will accept anything over 12k for it, take a looksy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-Quattr...QQcmdZViewItem
    That's where my money would go. I need to go speak to the bank, quickly...
    [/sarcasm]

2nd Gear

Status
    I agree there's nothing wrong with imports, but why did the seller not tell you? (I'm assuming you found out from this post?).

There's surely some history to that ebay car? If it's never been owned or driven where have the 1,500 miles come from? If it's not been driven for 5 years could the parts have siezed / battery problems? Also, why was it bought for 23,000 5 years ago and not used? And why let it go for 12k when it should be worth more? It's clearly got some history if it came from a police auction - I assume it was stolen and the insurance paid out but wouldn't the insurance company then own it? Why the police?

Sorry for my paranoia. If you've spoken to the guy I'm sure you got good answers to these questions already. Personally I would not go for this one but that's me.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytrousers

There's surely some history to that ebay car? If it's never been owned or driven where have the 1,500 miles come from? If it's not been driven for 5 years could the parts have siezed / battery problems? Also, why was it bought for 23,000 5 years ago and not used? And why let it go for 12k when it should be worth more? It's clearly got some history if it came from a police auction - I assume it was stolen and the insurance paid out but wouldn't the insurance company then own it? Why the police?

Sorry for my paranoia. If you've spoken to the guy I'm sure you got good answers to these questions already. Personally I would not go for this one but that's me.
    if the owner was a drug dealer the police would seize the car and any property, if proved guilty the property would be auctioned later. Learned that from a window tinter mate lol.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    I wouldn't touch that S3 with 1500 miles on the clock if my arse was on fire... there will be no end of issues with that car if you start driving it everyday!

1st Gear

Status
    I agree, I also wouldn't touch that ebay car. Just looking at the pictures says to me that this car has done more than the advert is letting on.. I personally would never part with this sort of money via Ebay, but that's just me I am sure.

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    I don't think the Ebay car adds work quite the same as the rest of the auctions as you don't pay through them or pay comission, (it costs more to advertise) however I would never buy a car without an inspection / seeing it in real life.

4th Gear

Status
    yeah personally the 1500 mileage s3 raises more question marks in my mind than the imported one.

So is the general concensus that it is ok to buy and sell in the future a car that was privately imported from europe and first registered in the uk?

I've pretty much made up my own mind and will be going up with funds available on wednesday.

1st Gear

Status
    Is an imported car the same spec as a UK car? Obviously it would have been cheaper to buy abroad, does that reflect the price as a used car? Will it be harder to sell on?

I dont have the answers to any of these questions. lol

Blue S3 | grey leather

Neutral

Status
    Not all imports are 100% UK spec but this one is, it was bought for 24k, saving 4k on UK price (in the days when the /€ rate made it worthwhile) and had pretty much every option bar satnav, Jedi missed off the mirrors, CD changer, armrest from distant memory. Only difference between this and a UK dealer car was the year 3 warranty which is from the dealer rather than Audi (and hence tend to be harder to claim) but this is now irrelevant and shouldn't really affect price.

(It was me that ordered it - cracking car).
    Last edited by Adam; 1st August 2006 at 02:44.
    dum dee dum

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah personally the 1500 mileage s3 raises more question marks in my mind than the imported one.

So is the general concensus that it is ok to buy and sell in the future a car that was privately imported from europe and first registered in the uk?

I've pretty much made up my own mind and will be going up with funds available on wednesday.
    Yeah, imports are fine, and are commonplace. My only slight niggle was how come you didn't know, but you know the conversations you had, maybe you didn't ask.

Welcome back by the way.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

4th Gear

Status
    Adam... you are the original owner then? thats good to know and thanks for the reassurance.

I dont blame the seller atall for not mentioning it as in the market how it is at the moment... anything could put off a potential buyer and send them somewhere else...and from what it sounds like.. being an import makes no difference what so ever now. I had a long chat with him last night and everything is going ahead as planned :D

i have a nice drive back to cambs to look forward to tomorrow now! Hurray!

Taking it easy..

Status
    Nice, cool colour for sure!

The polished mirror rules..

Good luck and enjoy
    J

TQS
    1st Gear

Status
    Congrats on the new purchase!

Just wondering, being an import, how does that affect your insurance?

4th Gear

Status
    after doing reserach i dont technically think it can really honestly be classed as an import.... no more than buying a new audi from the UK which has abviously been 'imported' by audi at some point anyway.

It was never registered in Europe.. only in the UK. nothing shows up on hpi or the V5. so in my book.. thats not an import.

Insurance is lowest i have paid yet... 450 full comp

1st Gear

Status
    Insurance is lowest i have paid yet... 450 full comp
    Wow, who's that quote with - 450 fully comp on a chipped S3 @ 23 is bloody cheap!

4th Gear

Status
    with direct line.. and its not chipped... i switched it back to the standard map with my sps2 device

6th Gear

Status
    after doing reserach i dont technically think it can really honestly be classed as an import.... no more than buying a new audi from the UK which has abviously been 'imported' by audi at some point anyway.

It was never registered in Europe.. only in the UK. nothing shows up on hpi or the V5. so in my book.. thats not an import.
    Exactly the same as mine then. I got worried when i saw the v5 and it had no mention of being an import... until i phoned the DVLA who said that there are many reasons why it wouldn't appear there. My case, same as yours, was because the car was first registered in the UK. The car is a full uk car, intended for the UK market.

The only sign the car is an import is when you take it into the dealer for work, and they get out the largest f.off rubber stamp, and stamp on the worksheet "IMPORT"....

6th Gear

Status
    with direct line.. and its not chipped... i switched it back to the standard map with my sps2 device
    direct line charge me 640 fully comp with all the trimmings.

4th Gear

Status
    haha... the only thing that gives mine away is the originaly receipt is in a foreign language.. Cant find mention of it anywhere else.

out of interest... was your passener wing mirror magnified?? mine is on the mineral but it wasnt on the noggy!?!?

6th Gear

Status
    good point, the stamp in the service book is from the factory, where it had it's PDI..

Both wing mirrors are the same, blue tinted and not magnified - from what i've noticed. I'll have to double check this evening.

4th Gear

Status
    after working flat out i finished the 2 cars i had booked in for taday by 4:30pm... dashed home and then spent 3 and a half hours on my Audi

Washed, Waxed, Glass polished inside and out, interior deep cleaned (was actually tons of dirt!!), leather deep clean and feed.

A few boring low light pics.

5th Gear

Status
    Looks lovely mate,glad your back.
    Beware the Standard Yellow Banana!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madvw
    good point, the stamp in the service book is from the factory, where it had it's PDI..

Both wing mirrors are the same, blue tinted and not magnified - from what i've noticed. I'll have to double check this evening.
    after checking, they're both normal (i.e. non blue anti dazzle), non-magnified mirrors...

nice work on the motor btw..

1st Gear

Status
    OOO, very clean. Stunning paintwork. Want to come up north and do mine?
    Blue S3 | grey leather

4th Gear

Status
    now with nokia bluetooth and tomtom satnav :D

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...744#post242744

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi jedinkight,

I have sent you a PM re. this car. I would really appreciate a reply!

Cheers,

ICE

Neutral

Status
    Hi Jedi-knight,

Apart from hard work, what products do you use to get the car gleaming.

Cheers
    Murph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast