Suspension parts VW?

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
On replacing my suspension recently I was none too pleased to see that the front dampers were stamped with VW manufacture tags!

A quick check of my A3 options list confirms that the standard 1.8T & quattro 1.8T get Gmbh supension while my s3 comes only with sports suspension.

As a previous golf owner I was quite happy to see the odd audi branded parts, but as a Audi owner I am very disappointed to see VW parts on an audi car. Shouldn't there be a law against this? Maybe I'll give Audi UK a call.

Ha !! ur surprised to see VW stamped on ur A3 buy an S3 and look at the NS & OS driveshafts and u will see VW AUDI SEAT and ...... SKODA !!!
U still disappointed ??

Yes miffed.

I don't pay ££££ extra for a premium product to have albeit very good but less expensive parts fitted. I expect an audi car to be made of audi products.

Hi banwell,

[ QUOTE ]

A quick check of my A3 options list confirms that the standard 1.8T & quattro 1.8T get Gmbh supension while my s3 comes only with sports suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused about this suspension malarky now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know the 1.8T and 1.8TQ come with some sort of sports suspension as standard. My old '99 1.8T had "sports suspension".

The S3 comes with sports suspension. Now the S3, on its standard sports suspension, used to be lower than a 1.8T and 1.8TQ, I believe. As Colin M pointed out in an earlier thread, the Quattro Gmbh Sports Suspension, is an option on the S3, which I think lowers the car a further 20mm.

Are you saying that the 1.8T & 1.8TQ now come with that Gmbh suspension as standard? Meaning the 1.8T & 1.8TQ now sit lower than a standard S3?

Cheers

AL

Erm - yes.

Check out the current pricing and specs from dealer.

The booklet I've got gives no option to upgrade the s3 suspension but also implies that the S3 runs 'sports suspension' while the 1.8T & q1.8T run gmbh?? The same booklet (effective sept 2002) qoutes 18 inch nine spoke alloys as running 255/40 r18 tyres though... Which I believe is seriously wheel arch threatening rubber.

I'am going to be taking this all up with audi uk tomorrow. I am not a happy chappy.

This kind of thing has happened previously on the TTs and confusion over s-line suspension etc, wouldn't be surprised if it's effected S3s too.