ABS Light

mr_sjc

Reaction score
Hi All, Phew what a scorcher!!!

Just popped round to my local Tesco to fill up £42 BTW!!!!, and my ABS light is on. Not noticed this until today but im out tomorrow going to Wiltshire from Nottingham and wondered if this is a major problem.

Anyone shed any light on this or point my at something I should check??

Thanks Simon

42 quid thats cheap the S often costs me 60 quid to fill up.

not sure on abs light you may need vagcom or may need to disconnect the battery to clear the fault ??? sorry unsure on this but im sure someone will be along soon with advice. :)

My ABS light is also coming on together with the ESP light??

This is an intermittant fault!!

Anybody experiaced this?

Thanks

Hi Mate

Got a mechanic chap next door to plug his box of tricks in and the problem seems to be with the righ side speed sensor so nothing major. Seems to be better when the ABS light is on (aparently this means its off) otherwise the thing doesnt know what to do and the ABS pump kicks in when it wants too!!!

Nottingham to Wilshire averaged 42.4 mpg with intermittant air con!!!

I dont thinks thats too bad.

Cheers Simon

I've had this on and off in the hot weather. Just had it fixed by replacing the ABS sensor on the front nearside wheel and the temp sensor (vag-com told me to do it!)

pazaz said:
My ABS light is also coming on together with the ESP light??

This is an intermittant fault!!

Anybody experiaced this?

Thanks

Had this problem just the other morning. Reversed off the drive, ESP and ABS lights came on. Drove down the road (slowly), braked for a give way, ABS kicked in. Very strange.

I have no fault codes recorded. So whats the best way to diagnose which speed sensor is faulty?

AL

Because it's intermittent, the fault code will only show when the lights are staying on, normally when you start the engine