Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Boost guage pillar mount

Any one got any pics of boost guage mounted on pillar for me to have look at,preferably a full dash pic not just the pod
    Was wondering if there was one specifically for A3 you can buy or if the MK4 golf one form AWESOME would fit.

I cant make up my mind whether it will look right in the car

2. # ADS
    ADS

Pete69zx
    How easy are these things to plumb into the cars pipework then?

Cheers, Pete.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thats the next thing i got to look into , i believe its pretty straight forward once you can fing a hole going thro bulkhead to get pipe thro, and source for electrics.

Anyone with pics of fitting procedures in engine bay and where electrical source came from would be great

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    It's easy to do to get the pipework in, you can route it through the bulkhead by the pollen filter and down into the passenger footwell then across under the dash. Finding a solution for mounting the gauge and a gauge that's as nice as the Audi's interior is another problem though!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by god_thats_quick
    Finding a solution for mounting the gauge and a gauge that's as nice as the Audi's interior is another problem though!

My sentiments exactly, thats why i need pics :smile:
    Last edited by concoursneil; 30th July 2006 at 23:29.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by god_thats_quick
    It's easy to do to get the pipework in, you can route it through the bulkhead by the pollen filter and down into the passenger footwell then across under the dash. Finding a solution for mounting the gauge and a gauge that's as nice as the Audi's interior is another problem though!
    A Defi guage would suit the Audi interior perfectly in my opinion. One of there electric boost guages that are black faced when ignition is off and are visible when ignition on.
    2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Defi guage already in mind , but my mate has one like Defi in his Supra but alot cheaper price.

6th Gear

Status
    someone on here made a custom pod similar to the above, the gauge they used tied in with the audi standard lettering & red glow. Maybe do a search for it.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

5th Gear

Status
    Markb has a pillar mounted boost gauge. Ask him for some pics. I think he may have made it himself. Hes clever like that!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robert_waite
    Markb has a pillar mounted boost gauge. Ask him for some pics. I think he may have made it himself. Hes clever like that!
    Yeah you are right here's my custom made pod mount:

Quite old pics as the car is still yellow there LOL

Do a search for boost guage or similar and you should bring up a thread with more pics of mine and HTC's.
    Pirates black Honda Accord Type-R VTEC

2nd Gear

Status
    Mark i put in a search and came up with this link, some of the pics are not available any chance you could have a look to see if you cam remember what they are.HTC on the post too
    Boost gauge plumbing

What did you recloth it in ,did you use some of original material , if yes ,where did you manage to get it from.
    I looked at the Golf mk4 one today and i reckon i can mod that to suit the A3 quite nicely but want to cloth it as per original, if not it will mean retrimming both pillars

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by concoursneil
    Any one got any pics of boost guage mounted on pillar for me to have look at,preferably a full dash pic not just the pod
    Was wondering if there was one specifically for A3 you can buy or if the MK4 golf one form AWESOME would fit.

is that pic for a mount for an a3 or a golf? that looks good!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by skanky
    is that pic for a mount for an a3 or a golf? that looks good!

Its for a MK4 Golf , they dont make one for the A3 but im sure with a bit of modification , it should fit. Thays why i wanted pics of other peoples A3's that have fitted a pillar mount to see what it looks like.

I want to retrim in original material, if not i will retrim both pillars in somethig very similar.

What will govern it tho is how it looks in the car , i dont want it to look out of place , im not into that

2nd Gear

Status
    What will govern it tho is how it looks in the car , i dont want it to look out of place , im not into that
    ditto

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nervus
    I made a clip in pod hood which mounts in the round vent in the top of the dash.

I basically butchered a spare vent and bonded a pod to it, fillered it, rubbed it down and painted it with crinkle paint and it looks more OEM than any i've seen so far but thats mainy down to the gauge which is a 40mm Diametre Awe B5 S4 Gauge so matches the late S3 perfectly with white dials and red display.

As its bonded to the round vent it clips into the dash in the same place. Its easy to route the boost pipe through the bulkhead, if you remove the airbox and use the electrical trunking.

PICS PLEASE:thumbs-up:

4th Gear

Status

I contacted awesome-gti about this pod, they don't think it'll fit the A3. Can anyone get an 8L A3 and a Golf IV side by side to see how differant the A-Pillars are?

I still think it could be modified to fit...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul
    I contacted awesome-gti about this pod, they don't think it'll fit the A3. Can anyone get an 8L A3 and a Golf IV side by side to see how differant the A-Pillars are?

I still think it could be modified to fit...
    Ive done that mate and i reckon it will fit , but will just need re clothing to suit the A3

4th Gear

Status
    Ive done that mate and i reckon it will fit , but will just need re clothing to suit the A3
    My A3 A Pillar is a light grey so looks a perfect match for me :biggrin:

I've asked awesome-gti if they'd be prepared to refund me if i'm unable to fit it, if they are i'll get it ordered.

5th Gear

Status
    Are you just ordering the pod or the gauge as well Tallpaul? I'm sure the golf gauge has blue illumination thats all. Im sure you can get an A4 one which matches the A3 Red with a red needle a bit like markb's.
    Last edited by nervus; 14th August 2006 at 13:58.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nervus
    Are you just ordering the pod or the gauge as well Tallpaul? I'm sure the golf gauge has blue illumination thats all. Im sure you can get an A4 one which matches the A3 Red with a red needle a bit like markb's.
    No, i'd just get the pod then buy an Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge.

The colour it lights isn't a problem, a red LED costs about 3 :smile: