helllp!!

dantheman1986

Reaction score
just pulled out of a junction went to change gear so put the clutch in and heard a crunch from the pedal, pulled over and some black plastic had snapped an a chunck of white plastic fell down, looks like a clip? now i have no clutch wats happend?

Hi
Sounds like the ratchet self ajustment mechanism has bust.
Is a guess as i have not looked to see if the A3 has this.

If it is,then its not a serious problem,providing it did not break due to a clutch problem.

Its a little plastic clip on the back of the pedal thats broke. happened to me one night when i was giving mine some beans down the lanes.
Also had experience with it on my mates TT. The Clip was less than a fiver but you need to take the pedal out i think, cant remember as my mates garage did it for me?

happened to me - its no biggie ! you need to replace the clips that broke off but you will also have to replace the clutch pedal - its not expensive. its a really naff design this one and i made sure it would never happen again on mine by having the new pedal welded before i fitted it. fitting by the way is a bit of a faff but just be patient. when you get the new pedal you will see where the old pedal has failed, a small piece of metal is folded over and tack welded to form a box section that pushes the clutch mechanism. the tack weld fails and causes the folded metal to bend and then snap off - the plastic clip holds for a while but then that fails too. let me know if you need a picture and i can look up the one where i had my pedal modified - if you do a search for my old posts you will find it too