Dump Valve for Audi S3 1.8T??

Suz84

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have an Audi S3 and am now looking to get a dump valve for it. I want it to sound really good and reasonably loud. Can anybody recommend the best one? I have been told not to buy a Baileys dump valve, and I have heard Turbosmart are good. Please help.

Also, will it cause any harm to my car by fitting a dump valve?

Thank you

Suz84 said:
...I want it to sound really good and reasonably loud....
are these not mutually exclusive?

if you must have the sound of the air being dumped firstly consider an airbox modification, and then if that really isn't enough, there are some hybrid atmospheric dump valve options.

Fitting a standard atmospheric DV will impair the performance of the car though.

Yes, I have realised I need a recirculating dump valve. Any advice as to which one sounds the best?

Recirculating DV's wont give you any sound unless you modify the airbox, and possibly the wheelarch liner.

my bailey DV and k&n panel filter combo make a bit more noise than standard, but sound just right, especially at night, I would recommend this set-up. i also have a milltek cat back which makes the back end sound a bit better too, but none of it is 'loud'

OK I'm a novice here, what is the pupose of a Dump valve. to my knowledge, dumping pressure would reduce power, yes? The only thing that I can think of is it may reduce the experince boost whilst braking sharply after being on the throttle hard, this of course is only likely to happen on a track and could be a worry for the driver. I have to say I am only guessing here so can anybody shed any light on this - or am i missing the point and people just want their car to sound like a rally car.

on my car i have a bailey and k&n panel filter sounds ok to be not to loud, its a audi not a renault 5. not that im putting renault's down.

A dump valve will release excess pressure from the turbo into the atmosphere(pssssssttt noise) when the throttle is released.
A diverter valve sends this excess back into the turbo intake,(slight noise if induction kit fitted).

Oh and some vag cars dont take too nicely to a dump valve, flat spots etc.
Unless you have standalone management anyway!!