Cheapest lightweight, quality 18s for S3

bantam1

Reaction score
OK - I think I am asking too much here but having fitted OEM RSTTs to my S3 I feel the handling has been negatively affected, which I am sure is down to the extra weight of this wheels over standard avus's.

So the million dollar question, being on a tight budget and all is, what are my options for a quality lightweight set of 18s? Can't afford to spend a bunch on these and so I'm willing to go second hand. Is it possible to get a quality set of lightweight 18s (that look good) for the S3 on a budget (£5-£600 exc tyres) or am I asking too much? Love BBS but just can't afford them (unless someone has a cheap set for sale that is!).

Suggestions (and pics) welcome.

Cheers,

B.

Raasta said:
Tell us which BBS your after and i will try to get you a decent price.

CH are fantastic, but as said above I can't afford them. My budget is £500 or so. I presume you mean new not second hand?

I have some BBS's on my A3 but they are 17 inch with 225 tyres, cheap ones. I may consider a PX with money your way??? they need a refurb too....

Cheers.
Mark.

TRY BAY THEY HAVE A SET OF BBS RC ALLOYS FOR £750 BRAND NEW, THESE R HARD TO FIND AT THIS PRICE
Item number: 280005686093

HOW MUCH DO U WANT FOR UR RSTT AND R THEY REPLICAS AND WHATS THE CONDITIONS OF THEM

S3 NAH said:
TRY BAY THEY HAVE A SET OF BBS RC ALLOYS FOR £750 BRAND NEW, THESE R HARD TO FIND AT THIS PRICE
Item number: 280005686093

Has anybody got a picture of some RCs on an S3?

Cheers,

B.

Here's a quick photoshop for you. Not a good job, there more like 18"s than 17"s too.

bbsrc.jpg

S3-James said:
Here's a quick photoshop for you. Not a good job, there more like 18"s than 17"s too.

bbsrc.jpg

That's kind, thank you. I'm after 18s anyhow. Not sure I like the look of them to be honest.

Does anyone actually have these fitted to an S3 or know anybody who has.

Cheers,

B.

Keep your eyes open on the various forums - I picked up a set of 18" BBS CH with Toyo tyres for £500 on a VW forum!!

Scott

gtiglasgow said:
Keep your eyes open on the various forums - I picked up a set of 18" BBS CH with Toyo tyres for £500 on a VW forum!!

Scott

Wow thats a great price, mine were £1400 brand new

Just an update - stretched the budget and got some BBS RCs in the end for £725. I love the wheels as they are about 9 lbs per wheel lighter than the RSTTs I had on and the turn in is now superb. It's amazing how much this weight difference can make to turn in, braking, and acceleration. The car just feels much nimbler now. I also like the look of them as well!

Cheers for the help in this thread.

Regards,

B.

silver75 said:
Show us the pics then!

Would you believe I don't have a digi camera or phone camera! Still in the dark ages I'm afraid. If I can get access to one this weekend I'll try and take some.

B