Recaro seat creaking

AL_B

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondered how many of you have got this problem.

Its plasticy creaking sound that seems to come from the seat cushion (bit your **** sits on) side bolster nearest the door. Tends to make itself heard mainly on right hand bends as your weight shifts to the left. It sounds like a nut has come loose and rolling about - but I don't think it is that.

I've tried spraying wd40 under the seat, but its not solved it. My next step was going to be looking under the seat to see if some sort of nut needs to be tightened.

AL

I've got exactley the same problem from my non-recaro seat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and still cannot find the source!

I had this on my dirvers side. Happened to mention it on one of the last services before my warranty ran out and they fixed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I didn't ask them directly about the cure, but from what I gathered they lubircated it. Did someone maention copperslip on the old forum?

Bad thing now is, the creak has appeared over on the passengers side now when the seat is occupied by an adult. When my kids are in the passengers seat it doesn't creak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

I had this problem, and managed to fix it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What? You want me to tell you how I did it? Oooh I'm not sure about that.... oh go on then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got some folded-up (folded so that it's very thick - almost feels too thick) corrugated cardboard and slid it up from underneath the seat between some motory-looking thing and the plastic side of the boulster on the cushion so that it's wedged into place and pushes the plastic away from the "motory-looking thing" - works a treat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can go out with my camera and take some pics tomorrow if someone finds them useful?

Alex.

Alex - would appreciate some photos - not sure how you're gonna post them though. Perhaps email one to me.

I have the same problem on the drivers fron seat on left handed bends. I was going to strip the seat down and have a look which I may still do.

That A3 Interior manual I bought show's how to strip down the recaro seats.

I may try the Vorsprung Durch Cardboard solution first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL, can't help laughing. But hey, if it works, I'll be happy.

AL

This drives me crazy - literally.

Not previously having owned a leather clad interior I just though it was one of the set backs. But I've increasingly noticed that my passenger seat vibrates like a goodun!

Plus theres a rattling noise which I think may come from the seat belt but am not sure.

I shall be pointing this all out to my dealer who installing a cd cable for me tomorrow. See what they can do.. Card board is not a prefered solution..

What have you lot been doing on those seats to make them creak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That is what the back seat is for

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have this on my passenger seat even when empty its quite annoying, has anyone found a better solution apart from the cardboard or turning up the stereo lol

Chris.

Yeah my driver side does it too. For me it appears to be a plastic panel on the side nearest the gearstick as if you pull it away from the seat, it doesn't do it. Strange as I was going to post on here this morning and see if anyone had fixed it!

I think that the cardboard thing is going to be the only way, it drives me nuts lol :keule:

Mine both do it, I found the cure is to raise the bolster height slightly from the bottom, as the creaking only happens when the seat is done at it's lowest point on mine.

My current annoyance is the glovebox and door cards creaking and rattling....drives me insane!

I have some left over foam that might work. I'll give it a go later.

I thought that it was the height too but it makes no difference on mine :(

i got the same problem but the ****** front passenger side headrest vibrates.. doing my head i tend to give it a punch so it can stop any ideas..

Same here. Glovebox and the panel on the right of it also. Really noticeable when
driving over speed bumps or uneven country roads.

Tried raising it no change though, I will give the sponge a go if not cardboard :uhm: