Which lowers more H&R, Eibach or MTM Springs

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
As above, trying to decide which to order. Want the car low!!. Be really good if you can post the measurement from wheel centre to the wheel arch.

thanks

I think its the Eibach sportline that lowers 50 milametres some one may correct me if im wrong though

silver75 said:
I think its the Eibach sportline that lowers 50 milametres some one may correct me if im wrong though

am i right in thinking there not available for an S3? Or will the A3 ones fit ok?

If you want to lower it by 50mm, you'd best go for full coilovers rather than just springs. IMO S3's look best when dropped by 30mm - no issues when running spacers either

I agree, 30mm looks just right, gives a better stance

I love S3's dropped on there bums and i would have mine lower then the -30mm it is at the moment but with coilovers i've always found a very harsh ride no matter what the road type. It's all down to how you yourself want the car and what you're prepared to put up with. Either way give us a shout and we'll sort you out with what ever you need! :eek: (really sorry people, always got to promote the business though)

Quick question I heard that my A3 sport is 30 mm lower than the SE and the standard so the Eibach 50 mm should lower it by another 20 mm? Right or wrong?

Cheers

Hi Leecs3

Its well documented on this site that the best setup for the S3 is H&R springs, Bilstein dampers and neuspeed anti roll bars. Have a read of Ess Three's posts, will probably save you time and money.

DPM said:
I love S3's dropped on there bums and i would have mine lower then the -30mm it is at the moment but with coilovers i've always found a very harsh ride no matter what the road type. It's all down to how you yourself want the car and what you're prepared to put up with. Either way give us a shout and we'll sort you out with what ever you need! :eek: (really sorry people, always got to promote the business though)

so come on then some group buys :p:p:p:p

thats a start :) now what about Bilstein dampers ?????

your gonna make me do this arnt you!!!!!!!!!!!! dam you lol

i need to recover after the sportecs and adjustable rear arms I just got, along with the R32 ARB ive just fitted arrrr it never ends

done a little ride height research on Autotrader. MTM is looking the best option so far. Not got any pics of H&R's yet.

MTM Springs
MTMsprings.jpg

mtmsprings2.jpg

Eibach Springs
eibachsprings.jpg

eibachsprings2.jpg

I like the Eibachs, think the H&R's are only -25mm drop if memory serves me right, and Eibachs are 35mm ;)

The Slug said:
I like the Eibachs, think the H&R's are only -25mm drop if memory serves me right, and Eibachs are 35mm ;)

can any post up pics of a car on H&R springs??

AndyS3 said:
Hi Leecs3

Its well documented on this site that the best setup for the S3 is H&R springs, Bilstein dampers and neuspeed anti roll bars. Have a read of Ess Three's posts, will probably save you time and money.

I saw Glen's (Ess_Three) old S3 at the weekend, and I'd have to say it looks lower than mine. I have my coilovers at -30mm. The bilstien dampners are better on the road than my eibachs, and if I were to do it again I'd go for the H&R/Billy combo. Or the PSS9 coilovers.

H&R's
33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

Eibach
ChriS3_0105.jpg

Glen's looks slammed, i'd say yours is a very similar height to mine with my Eibach springs on Chris. If i was to do it again i'd either go for the H&R comfort coilovers or the Billy PSS9's!

Go for the MTM's I had H&R's on mine the coils end up closing up and you get a really bad ride hit a bump at speed and you swap lanes! the MTM's have changed the car and still just as low

frenno said:
Go for the MTM's I had H&R's on mine the coils end up closing up and you get a really bad ride hit a bump at speed and you swap lanes! the MTM's have changed the car and still just as low

too late, ordered H&R today. Figure i've got H&R ARB's so may as well use there springs too. Nearly went for coilovers but the S3 is meant to be a sensible daily driver. Saving up for dampers now, thinking koni adjustable at the minute so i can stiffen them up for trackdays.

ChriS3 said:
I saw Glen's (Ess_Three) old S3 at the weekend, and I'd have to say it looks lower than mine. I have my coilovers at -30mm. The bilstien dampners are better on the road than my eibachs, and if I were to do it again I'd go for the H&R/Billy combo. Or the PSS9 coilovers.

H&R's
33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

Eibach
ChriS3_0105.jpg

Are those BBS RCs on the top car? Are there any more pics of this?

Cheers,

B

AndyS3 said:
Hi Leecs3

Eh... no!

Ess_Three's suspension setup at the end was H&R springs with Bilsteins and Neuspeed tie bars. Glen (Ess_Three) started out with H&R springs on OEM shocks, but then eventually changed the standard shocks for Bilsteins.

As for what lowers the car most... all springs for the S3 will lower by 20/25mm. Any lower and you'll do damage to the car... i.e. sump. Fit coilovers and wind them down at your own risk, but if you drive "energetically"... BEWARE!

The Slug said:
Nope...

Eibach Pro springs for the S3 lower the front by 25mm and the rear by 20mm. ;)

Yeah ive got a fair bit of rear camber at the moment, not got round to getting adjustable tiebars yet.

Imola_S3 said:
Eh... no!

Ess_Three's suspension setup at the end was H&R springs with Bilsteins and Neuspeed tie bars. Glen (Ess_Three) started out with H&R springs on OEM shocks, but then eventually changed the standard shocks for Bilsteins.

Nope - the original post was correct I think (H&R, Bilstein, Neuspeed ARBs, forge adjustable arms) iirc.

And here is mine on ABT springs which are supposedly lowering by 15mm, but most of the people who saw my car at GTi International thought it was a lot lower at the back.

DSCF0012.jpg

bantam1 said:
Nope - the original post was correct I think (H&R, Bilstein, Neuspeed ARBs, forge adjustable arms) iirc.
That was Glen's setup in the end. That doesn't mean it's the best setup... it means that that setup is proven to work.

S3Steve said:
Yeah ive got a fair bit of rear camber at the moment, not got round to getting adjustable tiebars yet.
I have a set for sale if you're interested! ;)

Imola_S3 said:
My S3 with Bilsteins and Eibach Pro springs

S3%20with%2019s_2.jpg

The Eibach's seem to have a much nicer rear stance IMO