The standard factory fitted A3 alarm (HELP)

Vikz

Reaction score
wanted to check how loud my alarm is so i sat inside and armed it then tried starting the engine and off went the alarm, it's not even that loud.

it would have to be REALLY quiet for anyone to hear the alarm go off. is there away you can change the loudness?

help much appreciated.

cheers.

thats flipping great. i buy a nice car with a **** alarm!

what about if i were to change the siren?

Lets face it peeps, in this day and age, alarm or no alarm, if someone is gonna break into your car, THEY WILL! They will at least need your carkeys though, to drive the thing away with the immobiliser in place.

When was the last time you heard a car alarm and done something about it?

i was surprised at how bad the alarm is!

jojo said:
Lets face it peeps, in this day and age, alarm or no alarm, if someone is gonna break into your car, THEY WILL! They will at least need your carkeys though, to drive the thing away with the immobiliser in place.

When was the last time you heard a car alarm and done something about it?

exactly. Car alarms are more of a pain in the **** than anything else. They go wrong, and they wake you up in the middle of the night.

If my car was nicked, I'd rather not be aware of it going on, and I especially wouldn't want it back afterwards....

madvw said:
exactly. Car alarms are more of a pain in the **** than anything else. They go wrong, and they wake you up in the middle of the night.

Agreed. The immobiliser is much more use, though it does mean the scumbags might mug or burgle you for the keys.