ARB spec

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
hey guys I'm gettin some nuespeed ARBs, just not sure which ones to order from Awsome (they're the UK distributors for Nuespeed), do I order the ones under the TT or A38L Sectionn cause they don't have products under S3? I was thinking the TT cause of the 4WD.

i'd advise you to buy H&R from DPM who posts on here. Mine were £259 delivered and theres 3 other people up for a group buy so you may get a better price.

Defratos said:
ok I know what sizes I want (previous conversations with Ess), but what sizes do DPM have ARBs in? and what colour are they in?

mine are 25mm(fr) and 21mm(r) and the colour is dark grey metallic. There incredible, really!!

hummm, 25mmfr and 21mmr, that sounds really big. Isn't the handling twitchy? unpredictable? cause after numerous conversations with Ess and others they've told me that it's just silly having them that big? even my preferred setup (23mmf and 19mmr) they have said might be too much? how exactly is handling at high speed? and in the wet?

Defratos said:
hummm, 25mmfr and 21mmr, that sounds really big. Isn't the handling twitchy? unpredictable? cause after numerous conversations with Ess and others they've told me that it's just silly having them that big? even my preferred setup (23mmf and 19mmr) they have said might be too much? how exactly is handling at high speed? and in the wet?

sticks like glue. Not driven it in the wet yet but the H&R's are adjustable so you can soften them in winter.

jojo said:
How does one adjust a fixed ARB?

theres several holes in the ends of the ARB's so you can fixed the tie rods further in (stiffer) or further out (softer). Mine are set to stiff as theres no shortage of grip in this weather. I'll soften them off in a couple of months.

any pics sounds strange to me ????

just fitted the front R32 ARB to mine took just under 2 hrs not too bad a job really.

leecs3 said:
Set mine on the stiffest setting front and rear but may try the softer setting as i manage to get it sideways last night.

Sticks like glue? You'll have fun in the wet!!

Guys, I have reading about the creaking ARBs in some of the threads over the past few weeks and thinking how lucky i am, that mine are ok considering how may of you have had problems....
Well i thought too soon as mine creeks like an old metro now!! Thats carma for you...
Any way, I have been looking at power flex ARBs but im a bit confused- Do i need Front Anti Roll Bar Link Bush Kit or Front Anti Roll Bar Mount? Also it is 21 or 23 mm i need for my 99 a3 QTS? Im assumind i do have a rear antiroll bar too?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Dave.

Fandango80 said:
Guys, I have reading about the creaking ARBs in some of the threads over the past few weeks and thinking how lucky i am, that mine are ok considering how may of you have had problems....
Well i thought too soon as mine creeks like an old metro now!! Thats carma for you...
Any way, I have been looking at power flex ARBs but im a bit confused- Do i need Front Anti Roll Bar Link Bush Kit or Front Anti Roll Bar Mount? Also it is 21 or 23 mm i need for my 99 a3 QTS? Im assumind i do have a rear antiroll bar too?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Dave.

Powerflex make the bushings, not the bars ;)

If yuo buy an after-market ARB, like aNuespeed or Eibach one, then it should come with the bushes you need.

just removed the front ARB off my S and it has a coller where the bush goes. Think all ARB`s have this on the vw and audis but the R32 one doesnt as its so thick. It looks like its the coller that moves and rubs the paint off causing corrosion ?????

Oh right- still a bit new to all of this lingo... i assumed that arb stands for anti roll bar bush!! OOps!

Would replacing the bushes not stop the creeking noise then?

if the sleve has cracked it could be possible for this to still creak

only a possability from what i say when i removed mine, mine was cracked but no creaks and the bushes were in good order