Pulling to the left!!

GarryA3

Reaction score
When driving if i loosely hold the steering wheel my A3 seems to pull quite a bit to the left.I got new tyres fitted 6 months ago and i think the pressure in them is fine.
What is the most likely problem that could be causing this??Balanced wheels or wheel alignment (sp) or along these lines.

Probably a wheel allignment - did they do this when you had the new tyres put on?

i think kwik-fit offer a free check if thats any help

Dont think they were mate.Just know the guy said that they were balanced.Just a case of popping into kwik-fit then you think?How much do they usually charge for alignment?
Thanks.

My S3 still does this after everything set and checked correctly. I think it's just a case of mine tram lining and following the camber on the road, might just be that mate!

DPM said:
My S3 still does this after everything set and checked correctly. I think it's just a case of mine tram lining and following the camber on the road, might just be that mate!

Same here - pulls ever so slightly to the left and always has done. I don't notice it anymore to be honest.

I heard a while back that due to more bumps & pot-holes at the side of the road the left hand side of the car takes more of a beating (bushes, shocks etc.) hence making it run less efficiently. I don't know how much truth is in this but it sounds plausable.

I agree with the road camber theory. I have had my car setup and it still slightly pulls to one side occasionally, im sure this is down to the way that the road sits as it doesnt do it all the time.

Aaron

I have the same problem on my s3. Camber on a road has it pulling to the left unless the road is perfectly flat.
Had the car 3 years and get even wear on all tyres so nothing out of alignment.

mine does the same, just had 4 new tyres, and full optiflex at Audi and it pulls to the left on some roads, as has been said, most roads are flat and will pull you that way