Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    ben
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Beeping on start up

Has anyone experienced a beeping on start up? if so do they know the cause? I've seen a couple of past posts on this subject and it was decided it was an alarm fault but there was never any follow up on the solution. Whats the fault? Whats the fix?
    Mines sounding 4 loud beeps when I start it first thing (only after the cars been standing all night, never happens any other time), other than that there isnt anything else happening that would indicate a fault i.e. dash warnings etc.
    I wouldnt be too bothered by it really but stuff beeping drives me crazy, I once had to get medievel with a tumble dryer that kept buzzing and I could do without doing the same to my car.

2. # ADS
    ADS

SSS
    Reverse Gear

Status

Re: S3 Beeping on start up

U are correct it is an alarm fault. The alarm system has detected that one of the alarms horns is faulty. Fix is to replace the faulty alarm horn.

Neutral

Status

I had this issue on my S3 and it went away by it's own accord after a few days.

Cheers

Ben

5th Gear

Status

Had exactly the same fault - took it to the dealers and they diagnosed a faulty alarm horn. It was changed under warrenty and hence no more drive you crazy beeps.