Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: S3 Suspension

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Suspension

Hi Guys
    I am trying to find out what changes Audi made on the S3 suspension / chassis between an MY'01 (210) and an MY'02 (225) model. A mate of mine has bought a MY'01 S3 recently and the handling around tight corners is not as good as my MY'02. The car just seems to wallow a little around roundabouts and tight bends where mine seems to stay fairly level and 'tight'. Audi have said that there is nothing wrong with his suspension set up so it can only be the fabled changes that were made.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: S3 Suspension

Mine's a 51 and it rolls on tight corners, but not sure what changes were made after that!

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    audi girl said:
    Mine's a 51 and it rolls on tight corners, but not sure what changes were made after that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jo - Have you driven an MY'02 aswell as your own car ? If so did you notice a difference ? All the motoring press reviewed the 225 model saying that there had been minor chassis tweaks but nobody actually said what they were. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Could this not just be a difference is mileage between the two cars? Maybe the 51 plate as done a few more miles and so the suspension is softer.

Reverse Gear

Status

Could be the mileage, but read any review of the 225 BHP model and it states 'chassis improvements'. Just wondered what they were really.