Tyres on S3 - TOYO/YOKO

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Hi All

Putting full set tyres on the S3 tomorrow. Got to order today.

Which ones....

Toyo T1-R

Yokohama AVS Sport

Im not sure.

Have you considered Goodyear F1's?

I had these as my last set. Last a lot longer than Toyo's which are really soft and only lasted me 9k miles. There's not a lot of difference in the tread pattern between the two either.

Never really liked Yoko's. always seemed a bit "twitchy" to me and not that good in the wet.

I've had Toyo's, Pirellis, Pilots and now have Yoko Parada Spec 2's on at the moment and have to say for out and out sheer grip in the dry, the Yoko's kick *** big time.

Best all round tyre I would say were the Pilots...

arrr 9k out of toyos ??? got 2 of these on my new 19`s but t1-s was going to get 2 more at 100 quid plus vat they were a good buy but 9k out of a set of tyres on the S3 thats scary. my avon zz3`s did 6 k and still looked new when i got rid of them.

no not toyos they're too soft the inner walls ripped on a front pair for me on a dual carriage way

f1's good value, yokos are very good really like them, avons zz3 are very good too i have a set fitted and prefer them to f1's which are just a little too hard if i were by anal about it.. little to choose between them though..

ive ended up with the Toyo T1 R's. Got a good price of £100 each inc VAT and fitted.
Now i can get my MOT re done :D

Thanks for the imput guys.

yea :) place called Martin tyres in woking. they are very good

I'm also running F1's on my S3 and can't fault them. :arco:

I ran Yoko's on my last car (Mitsubishi Evo), I found them crap in the wet and they didn't last very long. :(

My mate had F1 eagles on his evo 6 and they only lasted like 3 months, he then got toyo's!!

Adams3 said:
My mate had F1 eagles on his evo 6 and they only lasted like 3 months, he then got toyo's!!

i had michelin pilots on my evo4, and they only lasted a few months aswell.
it went through 8 tyres in 12 months....... im sorta glad it got robbed

TanyaS3 said:
ive ended up with the Toyo T1 R's. Got a good price of £100 each inc VAT and fitted.
Now i can get my MOT re done :D

Thanks for the imput guys.

Good choice, can't fault those tyres. I had them on mine. One thing I noticed is they do wear down quite quickly tho.