Bent alloy :(

TIRO

Reaction score
Website
www.tim-rose.co.uk
I feel sick!

Well every time I drive my S3 long distances. My rear alloy is bent (probably due to the 4x4 conditions "off road" tarmac in Cheltenham!!). I need some advice pls. What are my options?

1, Buy a new Alloy (Audi have quoted my 250 + VAT !! wtf!
2, Try and find a suitable repair company (wouldn't know where to start) *hint*
3, Buy new Alloys all round? This would be my preference however money is ruling this option out right now.
4, Ebay? However they are all sold as replicas or as a full set with tyres, which I don't really want.

Thanks for any tips/help

Tim

There is company mentioned in the September 2003 issue of Audi Driver that do repairs to alloy wheels. May be worth giving them a ring. Their name is Pristine and they are based in Milton Keynes 01908 282 628 or try www.alloywheelrefurbishers.co.uk

David R

The options as I see them are
1) You use a wheel refurbishing company, but it's dependent on the amount of deformation. There are two frequently mentioned companies in the UK, but I don't know who they are off the top of my pod.
2) Search on e-bay for a single S3 rim.....very rare, but possible.
3) Go buy a replica rim, which will look exactly the same, but is no doubt stronger! This is the best option. Maybe someone can remember the manufacturer of the factory S3 rims, ATP maybe? If so then you can buy their rim and it's then not really a replica...

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
The options as I see them are
1) You use a wheel refurbishing company, but it's dependent on the amount of deformation. There are two frequently mentioned companies in the UK, but I don't know who they are off the top of my pod.
2) Search on e-bay for a single S3 rim.....very rare, but possible.
3) Go buy a replica rim, which will look exactly the same, but is no doubt stronger! This is the best option. Maybe someone can remember the manufacturer of the factory S3 rims, ATP maybe? If so then you can buy their rim and it's then not really a replica...

[/ QUOTE ]

S3 rims are made by Ronal, as are most other Audi rims.. but would definately be easier to get a replica.

Or take Golf Bygones and get is refurbished for very few £££!

Rich