Wind noise on S3

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
When my car goes over 40 mph i seem to be getting alot of wind noise coming from around the window. I've changed all the seals and tried to adjust how the window sits by adjusting the door frame bolts. Has anyone had this problem themselves or not how to solve it?

i get no wind noise what so ever (even at silly speeds)..... u sure its the window rather than the door not sealing properly?

yeah the passenger door is fine, no noise what so ever. no i think the door is fine, the noise seem to be coming from higher up around the front and rear of the window.

I get a little wind noise at 150(kmh), it's suprisingly stable and refined in an S3 at such a crazy speed, or maybe i'm concentrating too much on the road ahead lol.

DPM said:
When my car goes over 40 mph i seem to be getting alot of wind noise coming from around the window. I've changed all the seals and tried to adjust how the window sits by adjusting the door frame bolts. Has anyone had this problem themselves or not how to solve it?
It could be the front screen if you have had a new one fitted. Try putting tape on the side of the screen over the rubbers and onto the screen pilar. If this cures it then go the the screen fitters and tell them that you arfe not sattisfied with the work and they will have to refit it. Don't jusrt tell them show them. It worled for me.

DPM said:
It's never had a new screen and it's definately round the drivers door window area! :keule:It does my head in!

I had this recently and have not had a new windscreen. Seems to have stopped now though. Inexplicable.

Had this on my B5 A4, it seemed to be whistling from the wing-mirror, or inside the door somewhere. It was weird, as there was a draught coming through from the electric window switches too....

I never did find the cause.