DV smooth

RSAudi

Reaction score
DV fitted and as people have said - gear change is 'smoother'. But what does 'smoother' mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What this really means is that the lovely surge of torque after a gear change on a chipped car is gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif There was little 'surge' before chipping, as there was no power to speak of above 4000rpm.

I cannot decide if the loss of this 'surge' is a good or bad thing. For sure, it was nice to feel the seat kick me in the back after a gearchange but what of the poor gearbox with these bursts of torque??????

Anyone know why this is a symptom of the DV change? Is it to do with the original not allowing boost to die down or something, hence a surge after change?
This would be a bad thing though as the turbo would be fighting the retained high pressure air and thus slowing down - I would guess that this leads to a surge after change followed by increased turbo lag as the blades build up speed again. I believe that this is the purpose of the DV, to keep turbo spinning when throttle is closed.

Whatever, the feel of the car is definitely smoother and the AMD unit looks the dogs + should outlast several Botch units. Nice one John. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Glad you're happy, If I've helped then I'm happy!
The Original unit just react's slower thats all, that's why you notice the 'pause' with the OEM unit

[ QUOTE ]
Rob_A3 said:
Whatever, the feel of the car is definitely smoother and the <font color="red"> AMD </font> unit looks the dogs + should outlast several Botch units.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
DaveCav said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rob_A3 said:
Whatever, the feel of the car is definitely smoother and the <font color="red"> AMD </font> unit looks the dogs + should outlast several Botch units.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

-- james