Stubby Roof aeiral

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Anyone know where I can get these from? saw one on an A3 and it was a small black one - looked really good imo.

Cheers

cheers. had a look on there but can't find the one I want. It was black plastic and only about 5cm tall. Looked oem, a bit like the small ones on the back of the SL55 merc

It was probably a Honda Civic one, they look great. I've been meaning to get one for ages but keep forgetting. Maybe, ill offer the guy over the road a free car wash and swap em over :D

They're doing yet another group buy on UKMKIVs for the (I think) Honda ones. My wife has one on her Polo so if the fitting is the same you're laughing. Don't be tempted by the Forge alloy replacements. Very nice finish but not a good fit IMHO.

My mates got a really short one on his Golf he got it from Awesome, might be worth having a look on their web site.

concoursneil said:
Here is a link to a pic of mine in my gallery , is this the type of aerial you are looking for, i like it , looks far better on the car than to OEM large one

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=85

i got it from LIQUID AUTOMOTIVE http://www.liquidautomotive.com/

click thro and you will see selection of alloy aerials

Here is the link to aerial GPA SLIMLINE which is on my car
http://shop.liquidautomotive.com/product_info.php?cPath=48&products_id=134

That's the one! Which model did you go for? Does it adversely affect the radio reception much?

Just bought a CTR one today.......

IMG_1902(1).JPG

deffo an improvement over OEM

IMG_1904.JPG

no diference, in fact mine worked without it anyways, i tried it b4 installing it

god_thats_quick said:
Can someone with the CTR one comment on any change in radio receiption before / after? I assume the smaller the aerial the worse the quality anyone care to argue with that?

It is smaller, but its also fatter than the original. I guess that would suggest that overall capacity to receive signal is mantained.
Havent had any probs with my Honda one, even in known weaker signal areas out on the North norfolk coast. I spend a bit of time that way so would be able to notice it. (I did suffer with a 3" aluminium one I had previously)

MattS3 said:
It is smaller, but its also fatter than the original. I guess that would suggest that overall capacity to receive signal is mantained.
Havent had any probs with my Honda one, even in known weaker signal areas out on the North norfolk coast. I spend a bit of time that way so would be able to notice it. (I did suffer with a 3" aluminium one I had previously)

That's good to hear as that's the problem I've got the Alu one I've got is great as long as you only like Radio 1!

Wicked666 said:
Here's the £6 eBay one

Before

After

Not noticed any reception problems and fits fine. Recommended!

ordered one on thursday. waiting for it to arrive.

that ebay one looks good, think i'm going to have to order one...

I bought one of the GPA slimline ones a couple of weeks back - got it in silver to match the car - it's very well made and fits absolutely fine but looks a little bit too "max powerish" for me so i'm going to get a black one to keep it looking OEM

MikeA3 said:
I bought one of the GPA slimline ones a couple of weeks back - got it in silver to match the car - it's very well made and fits absolutely fine but looks a little bit too "max powerish" for me so i'm going to get a black one to keep it looking OEM

Hence the reason i bought a BLACK one:)

concoursneil said:
Hence the reason i bought a BLACK one:)

cheers mate

it looked ok on the website but just doesn't suit the A3 very well imo

at least i didn't get a red one!! - that would have been a bit too chav tastic

:puke2:

I just wanna know about the Honda Civic one........... sod it ill just order it 6 notes cant really go wrong :happy:

Very nice mod nice idea guys. Just got mine thru this morning from the dude off ebay, £6.00 bargain. Easy to fit and the reception sounds better on AM!!

Obviously trying to cash in on the 'prestige' german models. I went for the 3.49 one and it works a treat.