Badger5AH Fabrications

Thread: Noob

1st Gear

Status

Noob

New member here. Just found this forum, seems to be one of the busier S3 forums which is always good. Had my S3 a few months now, still going strong

Here are a couple of pics, need to take some better quality ones!

Blue S3 | grey leather

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome and very nice colour too. Ming blue by anychance? Whats the rest of the spec on your S3?

* J e d i *

Status
    Welcome mate,

Very tidy motor.

Cheers

Derek

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the welcome.

I think its ming blue but not totally sure, how do i find out?

Spec:

RSTT Wheels, OEM alloy mirrors, light Grey leather, dv007, BOSE - although it has a Alpine DVD player in it now with genesis amp and sub. Also uprgraded the disks to some drilled and grooved but not too impressed with them so far:

Think thats it. Would love to get it chipped and have some coilovers with spacers for the back but the funds are lacking
    Blue S3 | grey leather

1st Gear

Status
    Colour code should be on the sticker in the spare wheel well, or in the front of the service book.

Looks a little light for Ming blue, Azure blue is a possibility which was only available on pre-facelift cars.

2nd Gear

Status
    Lovely looking S3, very nice colour!! Like the audi logo on the front calipers!! What discs are they??

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

Administrator

Status
    welcome ! sweet ride !

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers people.

Yeah i think mine is a bit lighter than Ming blue, although it always looks darker in the pics.

The disks are made by Rossini, i thought i would go for some decent ones when i warped the last ones so i got these, however i put standard pads in (as the bloke said) and they dont seem that good. Do you think it will be the pads letting me down?
    Blue S3 | grey leather

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-James
    Cheers people.

Yeah i think mine is a bit lighter than Ming blue, although it always looks darker in the pics.

The disks are made by Rossini, i thought i would go for some decent ones when i warped the last ones so i got these, however i put standard pads in (as the bloke said) and they dont seem that good. Do you think it will be the pads letting me down?
    'Don't seem that good' - is that over standard or altogether? I'm not sure you'll feel that much difference in stopping power running upgraded discs / pads alone, maybe just a reduction in fade. I have Tarox G88 and strada pads and like them (especially the noise under hard braking!!) but not sure they are a huge improvement over standard (other than reduced fade).

Regards,

B.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers people.

'Don't seem that good' - is that over standard or altogether? I'm not sure you'll feel that much difference in stopping power running upgraded discs / pads alone, maybe just a reduction in fade. I have Tarox G88 and strada pads and like them (especially the noise under hard braking!!) but not sure they are a huge improvement over standard (other than reduced fade).

Regards,

B.

1st Gear

Status
    Dont seem that good altogether. After i had bed them in for a few weeks (including some failry hard braking) i thought i would try them out "properly". This involved me geting up to 80ish then stamping on the pedal. When i did this the pedal went really far down, and the brakes were ****. After this the pedal travel increased quite a bit for a few days until it seemed to fix itself and firmed up, and it seems better when braking from high speed. I still suffer brake fade after braking from high speed a few times though, but who knows? Its over my head. I changed the brakes myself so i probably forgot to put the caliper back on, lol.

Pads? Fluid? Disks?
    Blue S3 | grey leather

3rd Gear

Status
    Dont seem that good altogether. After i had bed them in for a few weeks (including some failry hard braking) i thought i would try them out "properly". This involved me geting up to 80ish then stamping on the pedal. When i did this the pedal went really far down, and the brakes were ****. After this the pedal travel increased quite a bit for a few days until it seemed to fix itself and firmed up, and it seems better when braking from high speed. I still suffer brake fade after braking from high speed a few times though, but who knows? Its over my head. I changed the brakes myself so i probably forgot to put the caliper back on, lol.

Pads? Fluid? Disks?
    I'm certainly no expert but I might get this checked out. Could be pads but that wouldn't account for the pedal travel. Further pedal travel would suggest low brake fluid pressure. Not sure why this would recover though.

Perhaps a more knowledgeable poster can help you out?

Regards,

B.

4th Gear

Status
    Suggest you replace tghe hoses with braided ones, upgrade your pads to some better ones than the oem ones and rebleed the whole system using the pressure method and not the pumping the pedal method. All of this is not too expensive to do.