S3 yello icon symbol?what does it mean?

campbell

Reaction score
its come on in the right hand dial of my S3, its like a yellow squarish symbol, i recently had my car remapped and when i run high boost and it pull its self back its comes on temporary but now its come on all the time

does anyone know what it means?i was thinking maybe something to do with the ignition
cheers

its not because your car is losing traction is it...could be the traction control light.
Im sure someone with more knowledge about A3's will help you out in a few hours !

what dial does this logo come on at, if its on the rev counter and its a triange with a ! in the middle its traction meaning your nt get any or a wheel is slipping.

he says the right hand dial, so speedo i guess ? puts my theory out the window then !

on the right hand dial two are yellow a abs on which (abs) with a circle around the abs, the one by the 40 kph mark which is a weird shape is the ecu/engine noticing a fault.

its on the right hand dial so yes its the speedo, its just a wierd shape, its only just come on, must be my ECU, what does this mean?anything serious or just needs reseting?

could be the check engine light...

gonna have to get the DTC's scanned if it wont go off.

kinda squarish, sounds like (Engine Managment) ECU warning light to me.

Does it look something like this?

enginemanagement.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

Also: DTCs = Diagnostic Trouble Codes - basically a numeric code that is stored on your ECU (or other electronic control module in the car) when a fault is detected that 'uniquely' identifies that fault. DTCs can be 'looked-for' by VW/Audi technicians using their VAS 5051 computer, or by anyone who has VAG-COM (a PC-based (additional interface required) emulation of VAS 5051).

yes its that code, what basically does that mean and can it be reset or sorted?cheers for that advice

If that's the light you've got, it's "Check Engine / Engine Management"...

This next sentence is both good and bad news... That light can come on for literally hundreds, if not, thousands of reasons.

...It could be something very trivial, and not really worth worrying about; but on the other hand it could be something potentially expensive (and in that case moreso the longer it goes unchecked).

Best advice I would say is get it along to either someone with VAG-COM or a dealer for a DTC scan as soon as you can. I'd certainly be treating her extra-carefully until that point.

I'm sure if you let us know whereabouts in the UK you are there'll be someone nearby who can help out...

Best regards,

Rob.

im from preston in lancashire, if any can do a check for me i would really appreciate it
cheers