Are polished mirrors tacky on a black S3??

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
What do you think. Tempted to get some, but sometimes i think they look abit tacky too, especially on a black car. Post pics if you have them.

Have them on my imola yellow S3 - think they really set the car off, apparently they cost around £800 a pair from Audi and they will only sell you a pair if you have a chasis number for an S3

Think the plastic ones on the new RS4 look tacky and cheap - polished chrome ones look awesome - should look good on a black car too

Here are a few pic of my car

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/solihull_2006/

propper "S" cars i think the ali mirrors are a must and set them off.

i have OEM ones on my Ebony black S3.

The Inpro ones are a bit too bling for my liking, they are "too shiny", but unless your side by side with originals, or somone with a sharp eye, they probably wouldnt be noticed by joe public.

Those Matt ones are for the new A3 platform.

Get the genuine Matt ones as they look really good on the S3.

I have them on my black S3, just the inpro ones. £30 cant go wrong!!

I didnt fancy the stealer price of £300 each for the OEM ones!! lol

So heres a pic of mine with them on...

audi2.jpg

I don't think the In.Pro ones are too bad given the money either. You've just gotta take care of them (don't let dust/salt build up on them or they'll get eaten - but there again I suppose the OEM ones don't like that much either, and if you are sloppy with them, you could replace the In.Pro ones a lot before you've paid for OEM - I've had one set for well over 12 months though and they're still fine - I just don't forget them when I wash the car).

Not an S3 but you get the idea...

Rob.

Higher-res available if you want...

a3fell-side02a.jpg

mbt004.jpg

Can someone please tell me where i can purchase in the Inpro mirror covers from please!

I take it these are plastic covers?

If someone can let me know today id appreciate it, as id like to get them ordered!

I think the S cars should all have Alu mirrors although I'd probably prefer brushed ones I think the polished real ones look very good on the S3.

Yep the InPro ones are plastic - think ebay might be your friend on this one... if not I'm sure someone else will be along shortly.

Looks like I'm out on my own again, but I don't like them on any colour car. Then again, I've never liked lots of chrome trim on my cars - hence the dechromed front grille.

Also reading various posts over the years, they seem to be a target for thieves who then sell them on on eBay.

leecs3 said:
What do you think. Tempted to get some, but sometimes i think they look abit tacky too, especially on a black car. Post pics if you have them.

Tacky - take that back now I tell you. Seriously this just sets off a black S3, especially from the front.

Get some.

B.

i agree with bantom, its not an S3 without them! really sets the car off and i love mine genuine ones on mine
i wouldnt bother with the plastic ones but thats my opinion
Lee

I think they look really good on a black car. If you dont want to pay for OEM ones, the matt finish ones on ebay are pretty good - much better looking than the chrome ones.

Scott

I think they really set off any colour S3 from Noggy to imolas and even on silver ones look good and a bit subtle at the same time (just peep GTIGlasgow's sig above). Just had mine replaced though insurance after the trim theft sagas.......DON"T get me started.

cant make up my mind at the moment remain a wolf in sheeps clothing or to tell the world ok then bring it on this is an s3

tell the world, most of the numpties dont know it mean "S" anyway, only Audi followers!!! And they will see the wheel arches and stance anyhow!

have already noticed a healthy respect from other audi owners and also some bmw drivers .i have owned three other audis a tt 225 a 1.8tq sport and an a62.7t all great cars in their own right.but the s3 has to be the best drivers car of them all the handling.the practicality.and awesome power.as you can probably tell i am one proud owner.

mad max said:
cant make up my mind at the moment remain a wolf in sheeps clothing or to tell the world ok then bring it on this is an s3

Lol, you're worried about standing out with the mirrors, but then you have those alloys on the car! What size are they - 19s?