Aero Rear wiper for an S3... That fits!!

fdussud

Reaction score
I thought I would just mention this incase it has not been done yet.

I bought some aero front wipers for my S3 from VAG-parts and was informed that they did not have a rear aero wiper kit for the S3, only the A3. I was told this was due to the spoiler on the S3, causing the A3 wiper to hit it. The guy at VAG-parts said that some people end up cutting the A3 wiper to help it fit.

Luckily, on a french S3 website, they listed part numbers for a setup that will fit the S3, and yes it fits, however just to make you aware, it is a little shorter than the stock wiper, about 1cm, if that.

6Q6 955 425A is the wiper
6Q6 955 435B is the cap to cover the nut
6Q6 955 707A is the wiper arm.

Hope this helps. I will try to post some pics in the gallery.

most people use a rear polo arm, with a rear touran blade - that seems to just fit too.

EDIT: 6Q6 955 707A is the part number for a rear polo aero blade. try using a touran one, it's just that little bit longer and doesn't look as daft.

madvw said:
most people use a rear polo arm, with a rear touran blade - that seems to just fit too.

Agreed. This is what I had on mine and it worked well.

I ues a polo arm and touran wiper.

bought from vagparts funnily enough.

"Aero Wiper" Sounds interesting - are these changed for visual impact?

If so can anyone include a quick pic so I can see what it looks like

Cheers

RGB

I had the A3 Aerowiper kit from Vagparts and rear fits well, in fact i think the blade is shorter than the OEM one anyway, so shouldnt catch anything on S3.

The Slug said:
I had the A3 Aerowiper kit from Vagparts and rear fits well, in fact i think the blade is shorter than the OEM one anyway, so shouldnt catch anything on S3.

You probably had the polo wiper blade then Rich as this is shorter.

Think your right Rich, in which case buying the A3 kit would be fine

whats the cost of front and rear aero wipers?

front wipers (arm + blades) usually around £80, rear arm + wiper usually £20.