Mobile phone help

MattS5

Reaction score
Folks.
I've just fitted a new bluetooth car kit in place of my old wired one, but have 3 questions.....

How do I remove this bracket ?

http://www.mattandrews.co.uk/USERIMAGES/Bracket resize.JPG

I can get the radio out ok, but how do I remove the climate control panel ?

Second question is, if you have the Nokia CK-7W car kit, where do you put the button ? (i'm not sure where is best, so anyone elase who has, let me know !)

http://www.mattandrews.co.uk/USERIMAGES/Button resize.JPG

How can I pick up an Ignition switched feed for the blue cable , that way it will go on and off with the ignition ?

Cheers

I put my button just behind the left hand stalk control works nicely to & theres even a gap in the dash to wire it in.

Matt

Hi Matt,

It is held in with spring clips, just get a hold of it at the top and it should pop out quite easily, should only be 1 screw holding the dashmount on then clip back in. If it wont pop out easily just use a small screwdriver and lever it out from behind.

I fitted my button beside the headlight switch, was easy to reach and visible while driving

Hope this helps

Ok, quick update !

The bracket is off, cheers for the advice.

Still not sure where to put the button.......

Bad boys suggestion near the headlight sounds favourite, but where did you run the wire ?

Matt - Where you've put yours, does it fit ok or does it wobble a bit ? (I guess you ran the wire down the outside of the centre console where it meets the steering column ?

Have either of you guys got yours running in sync with the igniton or do you have to switch it on manually every time ?

Cheers again
Matt

Right next to the centre console like you ve said, its fine no wobble. I would just ensure the surface is greece / wax free for adhesion.

Was it easy to remove the bracket ? i intend to lower mine a little just need the stero removal keys.

If you mount the button upside down right at the top of the panel, the wire is thin enough to fit in the gap. The button cover unclips really easily so you can turn it round so the nokia logo is the right way round too!

Sorry i dont have any pictures of it but i don't have the car anymore!

Matt - Yep, its a hex or torque style screw holding it in. To get the climate panel out, i had to loosen the 2 screws in the holder where the radio outer sleeve is which allowed it to move a little against the tight bracket

Badboy - Top tip on the button logo, cheers !

Good work ! (did you just run the wire in the gap over top of the steering column and down between the console and sterring wheel panel ?

P6290019.jpg

Just an idea, thats where i put mine...

I put my button underneath the handbrake and traced the wire inside the centre consol. I found it a good place, easily used as the hand naturally drops there.

Will post some pics to my gallery over the weekend.