Cheapest hubcentric spacer options

bantam1

Reaction score
What is the cheapest way to get 8-10mm front and 15mm rear spacers for the new 18s on my S3? I know that Eibach are relatively cheap but as far as I can make out from their website they don't do 8-10mm hubcentric spacers for the S3, only 15mm upwards. Forge, AmD and H & R seem to be a lot more expensive for basically the same product unless I'm missing something.

Obviously I don't want to put any cheap rubbish on the car but in terms of value for money what is the best combo of spacers, bolts etc.

Anyone got any for sale?

Cheers,

B

Don't forget the price of the bolts too.. these can cost as much as the spacers, plus you'll need new locking bolts too.

Eibach do 8mm spacers with the correct pcd, but they're lugcentric, not hubcentric. The Forge ones are pricey, as are the AmD ones, but IIRC the H&R ones come as a kit with the longer wheel bolts.

Demon Tweeks sell M14 x 40mm bolts reasonably cheap too (£1.83 each I think).

ttshop does H&R in a kit, 10/15 f/r spacers + bolts for £185'ish, they also do ones with mcgards but thats ridiculous at £250 as they make you buy two sets of mcgards for the two different bolt lengths needed, its easy enough to get the bolts machined down.

AndyM said:
...its easy enough to get the bolts machined down.
Have you tried to machine down wheel bolts?

Glen (Ess_Three) kindly obliged to machine down my first set... and he regreted offering after breaking cutting tool after cutting tool. I think I remember him saying in the region of 17 tools were wrecked!

Do these spacers put excessive strain on the wheel bearings?

I was told that by someone i know and it kinda put me off!!

Imola_S3 said:
Have you tried to machine down wheel bolts?

Glen (Ess_Three) kindly obliged to machine down my first set... and he regreted offering after breaking cutting tool after cutting tool. I think I remember him saying in the region of 17 tools were wrecked!

I work for an engineering company, it was no problem machining down the 16 normal bolts and 2 mcgards that I gave my toolroom, took 20 mins or so, no broken tools :)

AndyM said:
I work for an engineering company, it was no problem machining down the 16 normal bolts and 2 mcgards that I gave my toolroom, took 20 mins or so, no broken tools :)
Glen = ham fisted!

I can price you up a set of H&R 10mm front and some 15mm rears with bolts tomorrow for you if you wish. Should be cheaper than £185. Only option after that is some Mcgard or Evo locking bolts.

Where do you get these from raasta? Could you PM me a quote?

Cheers,

B.

I had FK ones on my S3 and the price including bolts was approx £120. (this was not including locking nuts which are a further £25).

This was part of a group buy but you may wanna have a look at FK.

As for Wheel bolts, I just used 40mm bolts all round without any problems. I had 11mm fronts and 15mm rears.

dickys3 said:
I had FK ones on my S3 and the price including bolts was approx £120. (this was not including locking nuts which are a further £25).

As for Wheel bolts, I just used 40mm bolts all round without any problems. I had 11mm fronts and 15mm rears.

Yes and I have them now, thanks dicky and they seem fine fine to me.

dickys3 said:

Cheers - will do.

sorry to jump on here, but i wanted to get some wide rims on my s3, 7.5" front and 9" rear, both 18"s. i wanted any opinions as to what size adapters i would need to get the rears to fit in the arches. they have an ofset of 50 front and 52 rear. any help would be nice.